RemainerMPs want to take no deal off the table but will not take Remain off the table Watch

briar888
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Remain went off the table after the referendum result. But remainers aren't satisfied with that. Their intention is to delay, then cancel Brexit. A 'deal' is just another way of remaining in the EU.
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Philip Hammond today refused to take his resignation (his personal "no deal") off the table if we head for WTO brexit.
Last edited by NJA; 3 weeks ago
StriderHort
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh well, Brexit just looks like it's failed as an idea to me frankly, regardless of who you want to blame. Sooner we forget about it the better IMO
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by briar888)
Remain went off the table after the referendum result. But remainers aren't satisfied with that. Their intention is to delay, then cancel Brexit. A 'deal' is just another way of remaining in the EU.
No it isnt, the deal on offer is merely the way to make am orderly transition out of the EU as we give up membership.
No transition deal just results in chaos, especially for business and will harm the UK.
ColinDent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
No it isnt, the deal on offer is merely the way to make am orderly transition out of the EU as we give up membership.
No transition deal just results in chaos, especially for business and will harm the UK.
Then take remain off the ballot paper and let's see what sort of brexit the country prefers.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Then take remain off the ballot paper and let's see what sort of brexit the country prefers.
Which ballot paper is this?
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Which ballot paper is this?
Any future suggestion of a referendum, I'd be happy enough with that.
That would be compromise on both sides.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by NJA)
Philip Hammond today refused to take his resignation (his personal "no deal") off the table if we head for WTO brexit.
Speaking of Mr Hammond.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-46999458
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 3 weeks ago
Speaking of Mr Hammond.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-46999458
Just answer the question.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just answer the question.
I did, do try reading all of the posts
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 3 weeks ago
I did, do try reading all of the posts
I have and you make little sense. Same with previous threads.
You are getting confused.

MPs who support remain have a right to do so and theres nothing against it.
That said the government will follow through with the referendum and leave.
I cant say im keen on no deal because of the thousands of jobs and economic harm it will do when compared to a managed transition that helps business unerstand what will happen and they can plan accordingly.

The only real sticking point at the moment is the backstop, which is important but niche and theoretical.If they resolve that then the deal would most likely go through.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have and you make little sense. Same with previous threads.
You are getting confused.
Tigger he makes perfect sense. He is saying quite simply remain is not an option. So let's have another vote on what type of Brexit the British people want to see.

It's quite clear, nothing hard or difficult about it. I personally happen to disagree we don't need another expensive referendum to tell us very little, we need our politicians to do there job and stop trying to over throw democracy to line their own pockets and suit there own agenda
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Tigger he makes perfect sense. He is saying quite simply remain is not an option. So let's have another vote on what type of Brexit the British people want to see.

It's quite clear, nothing hard or difficult about it. I personally happen to disagree we don't need another expensive referendum to tell us very little, we need our politicians to do there job and stop trying to over throw democracy to line their own pockets and suit there own agenda
Disagree, but you can talk to him. You ask him a question and he comes up with something that doesnt make sense, doesnt anwer the question or is unrelated. he does this time and again. he was chuntering on las night to himself about staying in the EU. A repeat of the same thread he posted a few days earlier.

He could have quite simply stated what you have said, but both of you arent facing up to the reality of what is happening in parliament.. The ony thing on the table at present is her exit deal or no exit deal. the only thing preventing her deal is really the backstop. All this stuff about remain seems way off and remote.

I can see why politicians are rightly concerned about no deal and the chaos that ll bring. Im more interestd in the health of the country and the economy.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)

I accept that in this case I probably could've put the point across better but was at work and in a bit of a rush but yes that's the gist of it.
I also don't agree with another referendum now but perhaps this should have been done a couple of years ago before article 50 was triggered ( actual leave options only), it would've stopped all these fake remainer arguments now.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Disagree, but you can talk to him. You ask him a question and he comes up with something that doesnt make sense, doesnt anwer the question or is unrelated. he does this time and again. he was chuntering on las night to himself about staying in the EU. A repeat of the same thread he posted a few days earlier.

He could have quite simply stated what you have said, but both of you arent facing up to the reality of what is happening in parliament.. The ony thing on the table at present is her exit deal or no exit deal. the only thing preventing her deal is really the backstop. All this stuff about remain seems way off and remote.

I can see why politicians are rightly concerned about no deal and the chaos that ll bring. Im more interestd in the health of the country and the economy.
I've not been talking about staying in the EU at all.
And I always answer questions to the best of my knowledge, if I've missed something then do please let me know.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 3 weeks ago
I've not been talking about staying in the EU at all.
And I always answer questions to the best of my knowledge, if I've missed something then do please let me know.
You were chuntering on the other night a repeat performance of what it meant to be staying in the EU, when as far as the government is concerned we are not. It was depressing someone was so concerned about such an obscure point. I could have written you an answer but that would just have encouraged you more.

Any talk about the future involves a degree of conjecture, but some reserch and you can fill in some of the blanks.
The one we know most about and have more data on is at would happen if we stayed in.

If you do some research then the are also articles about the other two scenarios as well.

Anyway bck to this thread and the claim that A 'deal' is just another way of remaining in the EU.
Which is patently wrong. the only deal on the table is an exit agreement to smooth transition from ceasing to be a member, something business wants to avoid shock to the economy and giving them time to adjust.

The biggest thing standing in its way is the backstop. That is what is happening in parliament.
I think its stupid to damage the country and for people to lose their jobs just because of an artifical leave date and the failure of politicians to negotiate a compromise that deals with the backstop. Same for the people who are keen to do this.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You were chuntering on the other night a repeat performance of what it meant to be staying in the EU, when as far as the government is concerned we are not. It was depressing someone was so concerned about such an obscure point. I could have written you an answer but that would just have encouraged you more.

Any talk about the future involves a degree of conjecture, but some reserch and you can fill in some of the blanks.
The one we know most about and have more data on is at would happen if we stayed in.

If you do some research then the are also articles about the other two scenarios as well.

Anyway bck to this thread and the claim that A 'deal' is just another way of remaining in the EU.
Which is patently wrong. the only deal on the table is an exit agreement to smooth transition from ceasing to be a member, something business wants to avoid shock to the economy and giving them time to adjust.

The biggest thing standing in its way is the backstop. That is what is happening in parliament.
I think its stupid to damage the country and for people to lose their jobs just because of an artifical leave date and the failure of politicians to negotiate a compromise that deals with the backstop. Same for the people who are keen to do this.
Well I must bow to your intellectual superiority, you are obviously the doyen of all that is good and right.
Or maybe you're just full of hot air and your own self importance, I just cannot make up my mind.
DrMikeHuntHertz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They're traitors.
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This article gives one reason why:

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...-subsidies-cap
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%