Network Rail Apprenticeship Watch

Student47392
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I got an email saying assessment centres are scheduled for April-June I’m worried I haven’t heard anything yet I’m hoping they’re waiting for applications to close before they go further
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Student47392
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I heard back! My call is tomorrow and I’ve been given a date for the assessment centre
jadesxx
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Did you get a phone call or an email? Still not heard anything since I first applied in January. Just an email stating they had my application.
(Original post by Student47392)
I heard back! My call is tomorrow and I’ve been given a date for the assessment centre
Student47392
Rep:
?
(Original post by jadesxx)
Did you get a phone call or an email? Still not heard anything since I first applied in January. Just an email stating they had my application.
I got an email just saying congratulations and the location/date of the assessment centre I’ll be going to if the call goes okay it said I had to book the slot for the call ASAP but it was only 5pm yesterday that I received the email so I wouldn’t worry. My phone call is tomorrow at 10:30am🤞🏼

Good luck let me know if you hear anything x
jadesxx
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Oooo good luck!! Let us know how it goes for you. I’m sure you’ll do great x
I got an email just saying congratulations and the location/date of the assessment centre I’ll be going to if the call goes okay it said I had to book the slot for the call ASAP but it was only 5pm yesterday that I received the email so I wouldn’t worry. My phone call is tomorrow at 10:30am🤞🏼

Good luck let me know if you hear anything x
Student47392
Rep:
?
I just had my coaching call it went okay it was a woman and she was really nice, she just gave me information about the Apprenticeship and asked how I’ll be getting there and if I’m still willing to work in all weathers. I felt like I didn’t talk much I was just mainly agreeing to things but she told me what will happen at the assessment centre so that I can be prepared. I do need to know which role I want to go into before the assessment centre and why though
jadesxx
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
That’s sounds promising! I’m glad it went good for you. When abouts is your assessment centre date?
I just had my coaching call it went okay it was a woman and she was really nice, she just gave me information about the Apprenticeship and asked how I’ll be getting there and if I’m still willing to work in all weathers. I felt like I didn’t talk much I was just mainly agreeing to things but she told me what will happen at the assessment centre so that I can be prepared. I do need to know which role I want to go into before the assessment centre and why though
Student47392
Rep:
?
That’s sounds promising! I’m glad it went good for you. When abouts is your assessment centre date?
My assessment centre is Friday 10th May, she asked if I wanted AM or PM so I said the morning. The call comes up as No Caller ID though when they ring
jadesxx
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
That’s not too bad then! Good luck on the assessment centre! Hoping I hear something either way soon at this point.
My assessment centre is Friday 10th May, she asked if I wanted AM or PM so I said the morning. The call comes up as No Caller ID though when they ring
jadesxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just got an email from NW stating they’re changing recruitment partners. Got me a bit excited seeing an email from them only for me to realise it was just them telling me they’ve changed partners😂 this is such a painful waiting game
Student47392
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just got an email from NW stating they’re changing recruitment partners. Got me a bit excited seeing an email from them only for me to realise it was just them telling me they’ve changed partners😂 this is such a painful waiting game
Aww no I hope you hear from them soon!
Jambla95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Booked a call back as I couldn't answer at the time, anyone know how long the call will take?
Student47392
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jambla95)
Booked a call back as I couldn't answer at the time, anyone know how long the call will take?
They said 20mins but mine was actually 12mins
Jambla95
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks, mine lasted 15 minutes, can't wait to hear back I got my assessment booked for 2nd June. Anyone got any tips on what to expect on the exam and interview?
Student47392
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jambla95)
Thanks, mine lasted 15 minutes, can't wait to hear back I got my assessment booked for 2nd June. Anyone got any tips on what to expect on the exam and interview?
Mines the 10th May I’ll let you all know what it’s like
Jambla95
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Excellent I'm sure you'll pass. Best of luck
Mines the 10th May I’ll let you all know what it’s like
Student47392
Rep:
?
They gave me York as my location for the assessment centre then changed it to Manchester and I emailed to make sure it was correct and they said yes so my Mam booked the train tickets and a hotel since we will have to stay over and they’ve only gone and changed it back to York😭 I hope we can get some kind of refund🤞🏼 really annoyed😔
jadesxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh no! That’s really bad of them to be honest? Considering you phoned up and made sure that it was right and then they’ve changed it back? I’d be fuming with that
They gave me York as my location for the assessment centre then changed it to Manchester and I emailed to make sure it was correct and they said yes so my Mam booked the train tickets and a hotel since we will have to stay over and they’ve only gone and changed it back to York😭 I hope we can get some kind of refund🤞🏼 really annoyed😔
Student47392
Rep:
?
Oh no! That’s really bad of them to be honest? Considering you phoned up and made sure that it was right and then they’ve changed it back? I’d be fuming with that
I really am fuming, I had to book the train asap because there was only a few seats left so I double checked first to make sure and they said yeah it’s all right and that the York spot was given to someone else which was fine so I made my plans got 2 days off work instead of 1 and everything. I’m more annoyed because I asked if it was definitely right and they said yes🙄 I emailed them with this:
“Hi, I’ve just received an email saying that my assessment centre has been changed back to York after I’ve already emailed to double check that it was Manchester. Can you please confirm this is correct I should be going to York? I need to know as I’ve already booked a hotel and train travel to get to Manchester so this will have to changed.”

Like I want them to know I’m annoyed and have wasted money but at the same time I really want the job so what can I really say😔
jadesxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No they definitely need to know that what they’ve done is wrong! It won’t be a cheap mistake they’ve made either because a hotel and train isn’t cheap. You should ask them if you’re able to keep the place in Manchester because everything’s been booked. I still haven’t heard anything back and is beginning to get really frustrating 😩
I really am fuming, I had to book the train asap because there was only a few seats left so I double checked first to make sure and they said yeah it’s all right and that the York spot was given to someone else which was fine so I made my plans got 2 days off work instead of 1 and everything. I’m more annoyed because I asked if it was definitely right and they said yes🙄 I emailed them with this:
“Hi, I’ve just received an email saying that my assessment centre has been changed back to York after I’ve already emailed to double check that it was Manchester. Can you please confirm this is correct I should be going to York? I need to know as I’ve already booked a hotel and train travel to get to Manchester so this will have to changed.”

Like I want them to know I’m annoyed and have wasted money but at the same time I really want the job so what can I really say😔
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (212)
14.79%
The paper was reasonable (806)
56.25%
Not feeling great about that exam... (310)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (105)
7.33%

Watched Threads