Network Rail Apprenticeship Watch

Student47392
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by jadesxx)
No they definitely need to know that what they’ve done is wrong! It won’t be a cheap mistake they’ve made either because a hotel and train isn’t cheap. You should ask them if you’re able to keep the place in Manchester because everything’s been booked. I still haven’t heard anything back and is beginning to get really frustrating 😩
Yeah I just hope they sort it either by reimbursing the money or like you said letting me keep the space. I really hope you hear something soon I read somewhere though that depots that have less applicants get done first so maybe it’s something like that? Do you know when roughly your assessment centre should be? I was told April-June for mine and it ended up being May but I heard back in April
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
jadesxx
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No idea no 😩 I wish I could get an email you know just saying how their process works so I’m not kept waiting so long with literally knowing nothing
(Original post by Student47392)
Yeah I just hope they sort it either by reimbursing the money or like you said letting me keep the space. I really hope you hear something soon I read somewhere though that depots that have less applicants get done first so maybe it’s something like that? Do you know when roughly your assessment centre should be? I was told April-June for mine and it ended up being May but I heard back in April
Student47392
Rep:
?
I got a response from Network Rail about my assessment centre changing:

Thank you for your email,

Following a recent voicemail I left you I thought I would email you also.

Apologies but the venue for your AC day will be York which is confirmed in your newest email.

The Manchester one was sent out to candidates in error and so I do apologise for this. Please refer to the York email for the 10th May as confirmation.

Let me know if there are any issues with this alteration and apologies once more.

Kind Regards,

Rachel

She didn’t say anything about giving the money back or anything and from the sounds of it I think it’s happened to a few people which is a shame, my mam said to email them back and ask for the money so I’m just trying to word it so it doesn’t sound rude😂 it’s a weeks wages for me though I’m not happy they didn’t offer, sorry isn’t really good enough
jadesxx
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yeah I don’t think I’d take that to be honest😂 the fact that they haven’t really acknowledged the fact that you’ve spent the money isn’t great. They admitted it was their fault though so hopefully they can give the money back. Just tell them you’ll be willing to provide receipts etc and tell them it’s a weeks worth of wages for you
I got a response from Network Rail about my assessment centre changing:

Thank you for your email,

Following a recent voicemail I left you I thought I would email you also.

Apologies but the venue for your AC day will be York which is confirmed in your newest email.

The Manchester one was sent out to candidates in error and so I do apologise for this. Please refer to the York email for the 10th May as confirmation.

Let me know if there are any issues with this alteration and apologies once more.

Kind Regards,

Rachel

She didn’t say anything about giving the money back or anything and from the sounds of it I think it’s happened to a few people which is a shame, my mam said to email them back and ask for the money so I’m just trying to word it so it doesn’t sound rude😂 it’s a weeks wages for me though I’m not happy they didn’t offer, sorry isn’t really good enough
Student47392
Rep:
?
Yeah I don’t think I’d take that to be honest😂 the fact that they haven’t really acknowledged the fact that you’ve spent the money isn’t great. They admitted it was their fault though so hopefully they can give the money back. Just tell them you’ll be willing to provide receipts etc and tell them it’s a weeks worth of wages for you
That’s a good idea about receipts I just don’t want to come across as rude because I really want the job but at the same time it’s not my fault and I’m paying the price really. Does this sound okay do you think?:

Hi,
Thank you for getting back to me and confirming this is correct and that I will be going to York.
When I was told Manchester I did double check this was correct and when it was confirmed I booked train tickets and a hotel stay so that I will be able to attend, I had to do this quickly as there was only a few seats left on the train.
Is there any way I could be reimbursed the money as this is almost a weeks worth of wages for me at the moment, I’d be willing to provide receipts.
jadesxx
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yeah that’s perfect. Doesn’t sound rude but I reckon they’ll realise their mistake and offer you something for it let us know what happens
That’s a good idea about receipts I just don’t want to come across as rude because I really want the job but at the same time it’s not my fault and I’m paying the price really. Does this sound okay do you think?:

Hi,
Thank you for getting back to me and confirming this is correct and that I will be going to York.
When I was told Manchester I did double check this was correct and when it was confirmed I booked train tickets and a hotel stay so that I will be able to attend, I had to do this quickly as there was only a few seats left on the train.
Is there any way I could be reimbursed the money as this is almost a weeks worth of wages for me at the moment, I’d be willing to provide receipts.
Student47392
Rep:
?
Yeah that’s perfect. Doesn’t sound rude but I reckon they’ll realise their mistake and offer you something for it let us know what happens
I finally got a response she tried to phone me an hour after I sent my email but I missed the call and tried to ring back twice but the line was busy so she sent me an email an hour later saying this:

“Thank you for your reply.
I have been trying to reach you over the phone.
There is a way that you can change your bookings if necessary. If you have booked for the 10th May this should give you some time to reschedule.

Apologise as I appreciate this is very much an inconvenience.”

So I guess they’ve not going to do anything about it then and I’ve wasted £100 on nothing as the tickets are non-refundable plus the £30+ it’s going to cost to get to York. I’m really annoyed honestly if I didn’t want the job so bad I would just forget about it
Student47392
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone know what the timetable for time off is during the first 21 weeks? They told me it would be on the portal thing but I can’t find it, I was going to email but I have so much already I don’t want to annoy them right before my interview
jadesxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I have it somewhere. I’ll find it for you
Does anyone know what the timetable for time off is during the first 21 weeks? They told me it would be on the portal thing but I can’t find it, I was going to email but I have so much already I don’t want to annoy them right before my interview
jadesxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Name:  C00C29FD-1D0D-4483-B43C-A8733C38A1BD.png
Views: 42
Size:  73.2 KB Can you see this alright?
Yeah I have it somewhere. I’ll find it for you
Student47392
Rep:
?
Name:  C00C29FD-1D0D-4483-B43C-A8733C38A1BD.png
Views: 42
Size:  73.2 KB Can you see this alright?
It’s blurry but I think I can figure it out, thank you so much I couldn’t find it anywhere
jadesxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You’re welcome. I’d youd like me to send it over email so it’s clear let me know
It’s blurry but I think I can figure it out, thank you so much I couldn’t find it anywhere
Jambla95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anybody know how long it should take to hear an offer after completing assessment and interview?
Student47392
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jambla95)
Does anybody know how long it should take to hear an offer after completing assessment and interview?
They said today it’s roughly 3 weeks, if your successful it’s a phone call if not then it’s an email
Student47392
Rep:
?
Assessment centre

Group activity - Scenario Task

Split into 3 groups for Interviews, Admin/Q&A, Individual Assessment

Interview (30mins) - General interview questions nothing to catch you off guard, scenario questions

Admin - GCSE certificates, passport etc.
Q&A - time to ask questions to existing apprentices but one was with our group all day so we’d asked a lot already

Individual Assessment - like a test paper it’s a case study and you just answer the questions

It went well and I enjoyed the day everyone was lovely
cfl123456
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's really helpful thanks Student 47392.

What skills was the individual assessment testing? Maths / physiscs / engineering / general business?
How much knowledge did you need of Network Rail and what were most people wearing?

Thanks again
Assessment centre

Group activity - Scenario Task

Split into 3 groups for Interviews, Admin/Q&A, Individual Assessment

Interview (30mins) - General interview questions nothing to catch you off guard, scenario questions

Admin - GCSE certificates, passport etc.
Q&A - time to ask questions to existing apprentices but one was with our group all day so we’d asked a lot already

Individual Assessment - like a test paper it’s a case study and you just answer the questions

It went well and I enjoyed the day everyone was lovely
Last edited by cfl123456; 1 month ago
Student47392
Rep:
?
(Original post by cfl123456)
That's really helpful thanks Student 47392.

What skills was the individual assessment testing? Maths / physiscs / engineering / general business?
How much knowledge did you need of Network Rail and what were most people wearing?

Thanks again
The individual assessment was a case study it was just assessing risks, no prior knowledge needed throughout the day but it could be useful possibly.

Dress code was smart casual but every boy was in a full suit, jacket tie and everything. Everyone brought some kind of folder with their documents even if just a plastic wallet thing
cfl123456
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks very much!
The individual assessment was a case study it was just assessing risks, no prior knowledge needed throughout the day but it could be useful possibly.

Dress code was smart casual but every boy was in a full suit, jacket tie and everything. Everyone brought some kind of folder with their documents even if just a plastic wallet thing
Jack2000a
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anybody else starting in September at Westwood?
Student47392
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jack2000a)
Anybody else starting in September at Westwood?
I find out in 11 days if I’ve got in or not, hopefully 🤞🏼
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (51)
22.27%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (78)
34.06%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (48)
20.96%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (20)
8.73%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
13.97%

Watched Threads