?
Report 1 year ago
I'm not sure about this.
Jack2000a
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The bits I’ve read it sounds like you spend a couple of weeks at different depots/departments then go back to your day job
jadesxx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I spoke to someone who is on the apprenticeship currently and he started off at one depot, got moved to another one for the last few months. And for the majority of his last year he is remaining at another depot. I think up north, theres not many depots around so they cant move as easily but in London they move you around more. They discuss it with you first beforehand though
jadesxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MereMortal)
Attachment 834712

are you 16 miles away from Charing Cross?
I live within the 16 miles but the depot they’ve placed me in is outside of it. I only qualify for the outer London allowance
MereMortal
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just got off the phone with the recruitment team. I've been moved to Marylebone station and I'm doing signalling, which were my first choices.
Jack2000a
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That’s great news, did they say someone had dropped out or something?
MereMortal
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jack2000a)
That’s great news, did they say someone had dropped out or something?
Well, they said that changes had to be made due to business issues and kept apologising, but it's exactly what I wanted 😂
Jack2000a
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ah that’s great so they rang you up?
MereMortal
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yep, although it appeared as 'unknown number' instead of 'private number'
Jack2000a
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah that’s how they always appear on my phone. I don’t think they have the best admin but as long as everything’s sorted by September I don’t care
jadesxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I just got an email about the open day. Is anyone going to it? It’s 1 before I leave to go australia so probs won’t make it, if anyone goes let me know what it’s like please?😁
Student47392
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ll probably be going so I’ll let you know☺️
Jack2000a
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Same
MereMortal
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'll be going, most likely on the 29th or 5th
Jack2000a
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m going on the 29th it says it’s 8.30-2
Student47392
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think I’m going on the 5th I’m not allowed time off work when the schools are off (summer job)😕 but it depends when my dad can get off work as he’s taking me
MereMortal
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone heard anything about the medical?
Student47392
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I haven’t heard about the medical yet. I’m trying to click on the link about the open day to say which day I want and it keeps saying an error has occurred but it’s been like that for a few days now does anyone else have the same issue? I’m wondering if I should send them an email
MereMortal
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I literally just booked mine for the 29th, had to open up the desktop site on my phone's browser for it to work. Try that or do it from a PC.
MereMortal
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If it still doesn't work for you, you can always call them and they'll book you in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (69)
21.5%
No (252)
78.5%

Watched Threads