unixgirl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
if i went into a shop and got my boobs measured would i have to remove all my top half clothes and would a guy or girl do it ? plus ive never had a smear test how old does a female have her first smear test ? and how is it done ?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
The several times I have had a bra fitting they have just taken the measurements from underneath my boobs (which would be the band size) and then around the largest part of my boobs (which would be the cup). I’ve always kept my bra on for this. They’re generally very professional and allow you privacy when removing your shirt and putting it back on. They will normally bring several selections of bra’s to find the best fit and you will be given privacy when trying these bra’s on too. It would be a female who does it. I’ve never seen a male do it ever. But maybe it does happen, I’ve just never seen it.

The age for smear tests is 25 and can be done by either a female or male doctor/nurse/gyno but you can request a female.
You remove your clothes and underwear (from the bottom half only) and lay on your back on the bed.
The nurse will then ask you to spread your knees and pull your feet up towards your butt (or at least thats what I was asked to do). They will use an instrument called a speculum (made of plastic) to open the vagina enough to see the cervix. The speculum will be lubricated beforehand and you can ask for the smallest size.
The nurse will ask you to relax and when you’re ready, will insert the speculum and slowly widen it. Using a soft miniscule brush, they will gently sweep it around the cervix area in order to collect a sample. This kind of feels like a pinching period pain sensation. She will remove the speculum and allow you privacy to get dressed.

The teat is fairly straight forward but can be unpleasent/uncomfortable/scary or painful or you may not be able to relax properly.
Every woman is different and some have previous trauma that makes these tests very difficult. It is important to discuss any concerns with the nurse beforehand and during so they can have a better understanding, and you can ask the nurse to stop at any time.

If you need any more info there are plenty of sites you can use and one in particular (Jo’s Trust) is quite useful. The link is :

https://www.jostrust.org.uk/about-cervical-cancer
Elektra06
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've been measured in a proper shop once before and M&S several times.
I believe I took my bra off for the measuring in the shop but in M&S I always wear a simple things shirt bra and they measure around that, it really depends but I don't notice a difference haha

As for smear tests:
aged 25 to 49 – every 3 years

aged 50 to 64 – every 5 years

So you'd have your first one at 25 or sooner if you need it as a ruling out procedure

How it should done is you usually undress your bottom half and get on a table, they cover a sheet over you and you bend your knees and put them in some stirrups.
They usually have a feel up there a lubricated gloved finger first, and use a speculum(you can google that to see) to open you up and have a look inside, if it's a smear they will also swab you for possible abnormal cells.
That's about it really xo
unixgirl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i find it odd if a guy measures a female boobs - my friend did say her boobs where measured by a guy -surely its a bit right it a guy measures a teenage girls breasts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (183)
14.27%
I'm not sure (59)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (377)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (626)
48.83%

Watched Threads