Clolizzle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So, I'm trying to decide between Man Met and Edge Hill to study Digital Marketing and Branding. Both courses are very similar however, the modules at Edge Hill are slightly more of what Im interested in doing (social media marketing).
I love liverpool and have lived there in the past while at collage I like manchester and it's bigger so there is possibly more oppertunities.
If I went to Edge Hill, I don't fancy living in Ormskirk and would rather commute from Liverpool city centre, if I choose MMU, I would live in central manchester and this is where the campus is.
On the Uni ranking thing, MMU is 31st and Edge Hill is 61st but I'm not really bothered about that, as long as I'm getting my degree.

Any advice? does anyone have experience at either? or know which is best for marketing?
Thanks
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Clolizzle)
So, I'm trying to decide between Man Met and Edge Hill to study Digital Marketing and Branding. Both courses are very similar however, the modules at Edge Hill are slightly more of what Im interested in doing (social media marketing).
I love liverpool and have lived there in the past while at collage I like manchester and it's bigger so there is possibly more oppertunities.
If I went to Edge Hill, I don't fancy living in Ormskirk and would rather commute from Liverpool city centre, if I choose MMU, I would live in central manchester and this is where the campus is.
On the Uni ranking thing, MMU is 31st and Edge Hill is 61st but I'm not really bothered about that, as long as I'm getting my degree.

Any advice? does anyone have experience at either? or know which is best for marketing?
Thanks
commuting from liverpool to edge hill would be an added expense living on a student loan, so that would be an added stress, living near a campus would make things much easier for you.
Edge Hill University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Thanks
Hi, hope you're well!

I recommend making a list of all the factors that will impact your university decision. This could include:

-Modules
-Distance from home/accommodation
-Quality of accommodation
-Facilities
-Support
-Location/Campus

I also recommend visiting both Edge Hill and Man Met to see which you feel most comfortable at. On paper, one may seem better, but the other could resonate with you more. It's your opportunity to make a note of the factors listed above and speak to current students about their university experience. You can see our upcoming campus tours here.

If you have any questions about Edge Hill, please let me know. Good luck with your application!

Alex
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Thanks
Hi

Glad to hear you're considering Manchester Met! It's always difficult when you're torn between universities you really like. Have you had a chance to visit MMU or Edge Hill yet? We often find that visiting the University proves the deciding factor for applicants in choosing the university they want to attend. We have an Open Day on 19th June, and if you have already applied and received an offer, you'll receive an invitation to one of our Applicant Visit Days which are held in the Spring term We'd recommend visiting Edge Hill as well, and weighing up the pros and cons of each. Great advice given by Alex!

You may be interested in our BA (Hons) Marketing Management or our BA (Hons) Advertising and Brand Management, both of which have elements of digital marketing

Let us know if there's anything you'd like to know about the course or studying here at MMU!

Matt
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed