The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston or Cranfield University

Hello guys,I currently have two offers for the MSc in Strategic Marketing from both the universities above, but I have a problem deciding which one i should choose.I have seen the pros and cons of each one, but i would like to see what graduates from each uni have to say.Which one do you recommend and why?Thanks.Andrew
Original post by andpap
Hello guys,I currently have two offers for the MSc in Strategic Marketing from both the universities above, but I have a problem deciding which one i should choose.I have seen the pros and cons of each one, but i would like to see what graduates from each uni have to say.Which one do you recommend and why?Thanks.Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for considering us and congratulations on your offer. I know you're canvasing graduate opinions, but do you have any questions you would like to ask us directly?

Josh
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
@Aston University thank you for your answer! I think I know everything as for the Uni.
I just want to see graduates experience
Reply 3
@Duncan2012
Thank you
I didn’t ask you to make any decisions
Original post by andpap

Hi @andpap,

I hope you are having a good day :smile:
I'm completing my PhD at @Cranfield University, however your question needs to be answered by current or past students of Strategic Marketing at Cranfield, I believe. I'll look for my colleagues to help with this, if this is fine!

Have a good weekend :smile:
Cheers!

@Cranfield University TSR Rep
Original post by andpap
@Duncan2012
Thank you
I didn’t ask you to make any decisions

Perhaps not, but you did ask us to give you a recommendation with justification. My point was that, at PG level, you should be able to reach your own conclusions without needing others to provide recommendations. Maybe the official reps will oblige.

I did offer to answer questions about my time at Cranfield.

Good luck wherever you end up.
Reply 6
Original post by Cranfield University
Hi @andpap,

I hope you are having a good day :smile:
I'm completing my PhD at @Cranfield University, however your question needs to be answered by current or past students of Strategic Marketing at Cranfield, I believe. I'll look for my colleagues to help with this, if this is fine!

Have a good weekend :smile:
Cheers!

@Cranfield University TSR Rep

That would be great
Thank you very much !
Hi @andpap,

I am Gohar. I completed an MSc in Strategic Marketing at Cranfield School of Management last year. I will be happy to share my experience with you and help you to make your decision.

Have a great day :smile:

Kindly,
Gohar
Reply 8
@Gohar Aramyan @smicha16

Thank you for your infos! I’d like to ask you how the university helped you in order to find a graduate job after the end of the course.

Thanks
Aston
Reply 10
@tesconyc can you specify why ?
Reply 11
Original post by andpap

Hi Andrew

Thank you for your question and many congratulations on your two offers! I have recently completed my Masters in Strategic Marketing from Cranfield University, and I can tell you without a doubt, that this was the best decision I've ever made. The course content covers every aspect of marketing and strategy, which helps so much even at work. Furthermore, we study each subject with great depth and rigour. As a course, this is ranked 4th in ths UK and 12th globally. Cranfield is also a wholly postgraduate university, so it has a very different and professional approach, and it always pushes you to think practically but out of the box. Cranfield works very closely with the industry, so the kind of work we do in our assignments and thesis reflects that. All in all, the strategic marketing MSc is going to keep you really really busy, but in the end, its all worth it 😊 good luck!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards
Shivangi
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 12
I have seen the rankings, but the majority of graduates from Aston have had better graduate jobs than the ones from Cranfield. I think no matter the Uni it depends on how hard you try yourself during and after the course. I’m currently into Aston
Original post by andpap
@tesconyc can you specify why ?

Hi @andpap [br] [br] i just stumbled on this link by a student on Cranfield Blogs. I hope it gives you the insight you need on the MSc Strategic Marketing.

https://blogs.cranfield.ac.uk/leadership-management/strategicmarketing/my-experience-of-studying-strategic-marketing-at-cranfield-school-of-management

Cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest