Should I report my boyfriends dad to the police?

Watch
TheHairDyeDiarys
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Just lately the situation with my Boyfriends dad has been spiralling out of control.

My boyfriend dad is a drug user, my boyfriend was born with health problems because his parents continued to use while she was pregnant.
He is also, we’ve just found out, a big drug dealer in our area. Which he has been bragging about to people, about how notorious he is and how much money he has.

Now my boyfriend sister was really struggling for money while at uni and asked for help with her deposit, and he didn’t help her, then weeks later offered £100 but by then she had got together the money else where.

When my boyfriend lived at home his dad encouraged him to smoke drugs with him, let him use his stash and went half on the money for it with him.
Since then my boyfriend has struggled to get him self clean.

Now we move out together about 2 years ago, BF’s dad didn’t like it, Tried to stop him leaving and then called my mum and said horrible things about me, like I’m taking his son away from him, blames me for BF not talking to dad anymore and found out where I work and came and stood threateningly outside.
He also knows where we live.

He’s been reports to the police for breaking into the house where his other son, 8 was having a play date and dragged him out of the house by the leg when he couldn’t get them to leave at the front door. He actually BROKE INTO SOMEONES HOUSE.

Now I feel like Bf’s dad is pretty unstable, mentally.
He threatened to kill him self and the children when my Bf was little and his parents broke up.
He was emotionally Abusive towards BF’s mum and Step mum.
He went to rehab for drug issues.

He is weirdly obsessed with our relationship and has tried again and again to get between us.
He even tried to turn Bf’s Sisters against me by lying to them about me
And uses BF’s younger brother as a pawn, letting him see him when he wants something and taking that away when he’s angry with us, sometimes even turning us away at the door.

Now I’m a bit worried that not only is a small child in a house with large quantities of drugs that he might mistake for food or candy.
But I’m a bit concerned for my own safety.
That he might attempt to hurt me physically.

I know it sounds crazy! And nothing is likely to happen but I don’t feel particularly safe knowing he has shown up to work unannounced and just stood loitering menacingly around.

What do you think?
Am I right to be concerned and should o speak to the police about it?
username4454836
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Probably best to speak to the police about him, better safe than sorry.
username47781
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I would go to the police
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Won't it make next Christmas a bit awkward?
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
do the moral thing and report him to the police
DavidJES
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheHairDyeDiarys)
He is also, we’ve just found out, a big drug dealer in our area.
Yes. Yes you should report him. /thread.
username2393237
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think you should talk to the police, but I also think you should leave your boyfriend. I wouldn’t go through that level of drama and stress for anyone. Either that or move far away.
TheHairDyeDiarys
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
We’ve been together for 7 years now, so leaving him isn’t realistic,
He is somewhat estranged from his dad
They don’t get on anymore
So it wouldn’t really change anything

(Original post by YaliaV)
I think you should talk to the police, but I also think you should leave your boyfriend. I wouldn’t go through that level of drama and stress for anyone. Either that or move far away.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
dime this creep out

:borat:
B3ar93
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is a awkward predicament, it seems like reporting him would be the wisest option, but have you weighed the consequences of this beside the benefits?
If you did report him, for your safety and that off the family involved it would be best to do so anonymously. That way, if they can’t hold him or charge him, you have a better chance of reducing the fallout.
If there is drugs in the house when they search him, the child will go into care, for neglect. The mother will still be held responsible for keeping her child in that home. Though this might be the best thing, is it what you want? And there’s an alternative to that where you can report him to social services, where they can place the child with family.
You also have the option of getting a restraining order against him, then if he breaks that by coming near you or your bf, you call the police and they will have him removed.
I don’t mean to make this decision more complicated, but since it’s family, it no doubt will have some loose strings and drama.
If he’s as coy as you say he is, chances are he will be able to manipulate the arrest to his benefit. And if he knows it was you, if he gets out, that could put you in danger and/or put a strain on your relationship with your bf, he would have another reason to keep the brothers apart.

Personally, I think you need the advice of a solicitor or a practitioner of law. There are some serious risks to this decision which ever way you chose, you need to know you and the others involved will be safe before you make your move.
Mike Freiha
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes if I were you i would definitely report him
tesconyc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
noooo don't be a snitch. you will regret it. let things be
username2393237
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheHairDyeDiarys)
We’ve been together for 7 years now, so leaving him isn’t realistic,
He is somewhat estranged from his dad
They don’t get on anymore
So it wouldn’t really change anything
He doesn’t sound that estranged to me and you always have a choice. I really hope you don’t add children to the mix - I know what it’s like to be parented by an addict. What a complete mess.
Libtardian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes! Snitch him out to the gestapo!
IQuitTSR
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
drug dealers are dangerous for everyone

anon report it is (do it anon not to get in trouble with family or whatever)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.24%
I'm not sure (33)
4.24%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.98%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.1%

Watched Threads