Lancaster vs Nottingham which university I should choose?

Watch
banuasi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
I'm international student. I got offer letters from Lancaster university and Nottingham university for MSC finance programme. Please any one guide me to choose universitirs which have higher job perpect after graduation in the UK and tell me about academic part time jobs in the universities.
tesconyc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
notts
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by banuasi)
Hi,
I'm international student. I got offer letters from Lancaster university and Nottingham university for MSC finance programme. Please any one guide me to choose universitirs which have higher job perpect after graduation in the UK and tell me about academic part time jobs in the universities.
Definitely Nottingham - no contest
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Better Uni but Nottingham is stab city, the Midlands is... watch the movie Eden Lake. If you can live like Robin Hood and hold your own in the wilderness then Nottingham.
banuasi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vinny C)
Better Uni but Nottingham is stab city, the Midlands is... watch the movie Eden Lake. If you can live like Robin Hood and hold your own in the wilderness then Nottingham.
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Today i got offers from heney business school and exeter.I thought Lancaster has better reputation amongthe UK employers. Is it true.In Nottingham, the chances of landing job is high. I want to work after my graduation please suggest me to select universities. Nottingham is good university to study finance programme.
banuasi
Rep:
?
I'm still confussed . Reputation wise the university Nottingham and Lancaster university both are good. Please assist me in right way ...
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Today i got offers from heney business school and exeter.I thought Lancaster has better reputation amongthe UK employers. Is it true.In Nottingham, the chances of landing job is high. I want to work after my graduation please suggest me to select universities. Nottingham is good university to study finance programme.
Where do you want to work and what sort of job? Have you checked with employers in the country/ countries you wish to work in?
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
It is... but your English needs practice. It also worries me that you approach our educational system like a mercenary. As I explained, this is not the British way.
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As I explained, this is not the British way.
Yes it is - if you pay possibly £20k -plus living costs for a course you have to be pretty mercenary.
Jackaleksandr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As someone who lives and attends college in Nottingham, I can confirm this is wrong. We actually call it Shottingham for a reason 😂

To answer the OP's question however, I'd recommend Nottingham over Lancaster. Nottingham isn't really /that/ bad in terms of where to live. I and most others have never had a problem.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ajj2000)
Yes it is - if you pay possibly £20k -plus living costs for a course you have to be pretty mercenary.
If I wanted to leech on the educational system of another nation... and live there foc, then I would have to be pretty mercenary too. You are why people voted to leave but I suspect you are not even in the EU. Your motives have no compassion... no desire to help others. Go back to whence you came.
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If I wanted to leech on the educational system of another nation... and live there foc, then I would have to be pretty mercenary too. You are why people voted to leave but I suspect you are not even in the EU. Your motives have no compassion... no desire to help others. Go back to whence you came.
Why do you think I'm not in the UK or even the EU? And how is someone paying full fees 'leeching' on the educational system of another country?
JOEKI
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why do you think I'm not in the UK or even the EU? And how is someone paying full fees 'leeching' on the educational system of another countr
"This is not the British way" Isn't he trying humiliate the OP by creating a sense of belonging? which in fact, just a sense of superiority.
JOEKI
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
I think Henley Business School wouldn't be a bad choice. If you take into account the business school ranking published by Financial Times, you will probably notice that Henley Business School ranked 8th in UK, right after Imperial College Business School.
Lancaster University Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
Hi banuasi,

Congratulations on receiving your offers! I am a current undergraduate at Lancaster University Management School (LUMS) and am really enjoying studying here. My positive experience at Lancaster University is reflected in league tables and us being ranked in the UK top three for graduate employment by The Times and Sunday Times. I believe there are also lots of part time jobs that you could get involved in! As I am not on your course I would recommend filling in this quick form and request to speak to a current student and the lovely team in LUMS will put you in touch!

If you have any other specific questions about studying and living in Lancaster then please get in touch!

Have a great week.

Rebecca
LUMS Student Ambassador
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why do you think I'm not in the UK or even the EU? And how is someone paying full fees 'leeching' on the educational system of another country?
My apologies... I misunderstood.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Practice, practice, practice... you get your articles wrong. Always gives away a foreigner.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (74)
64.35%
I don't have everything I need (41)
35.65%

Watched Threads