Project Fear: How far will they take it? Watch

paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mister Fantastic)
I mentioned (tongue in cheek) that a comet may be coming if they allow Brexit to happen in another thread. Well it looks like the repercussions could be worse than a natural disaster, according to this Guardian(:eek:) source.

I think by the end of February after space aliens have destroyed most of Sunderland, South Yorkshire, and Great Yarmouth the rest of us make our way to Glastonbury to take the easy way out and book Ed Sheeran to bore us to death. That's if the tidal wave doesn't get there before Ed.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...sh-cloud-chaos
The repercussions for the UK of a no-deal Brexit could be similar to the national emergency faced by Iceland during the volcanic eruptions in 2010 that brought parts of the country to a standstill, according to advice being given to civil servants.
The warning comes from the Cabinet Office, which is coordinating training for thousands of staff across Whitehall to help prepare departments for a disorderly departure from the European Union on 29 March.
I just commented on the same story on another thread in a different section of the forum.

No one cares that they have made plans it’s just blatant project fear from the media to say ‘no deal riots’ instead of just riots or brexit riots.

It’s totally biased on purpose which makes it project fear.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by NJA)
I keep hearing that No Deal will be a disaster but nobody ever gives any actual figures as to how they come to that conclusion.
Why is this?
Can anybody please supply them so that they can be peer reviewed
There is a set of figures I’ve seen them when they first come out.
All scenarios were worse than we would have been staying in the Eu up to the forecast point of 2030.

The worst scenario was no deal at 9% lower GDP than it would have otherwise been but still in growth.

If I remember rightly even the EEA model was 3% lower with something like two thirds of that being because of lower migration numbers.

So what does it tell us?

In my opinion not much as GDP is a crap measure as citizens what we care about is GDP per capita and even more than that is what happens to wages.

The model accounts for NO trade deals being done in that time.
NO innovations
NO natural recessions
NO tax and spend changes
And of course they have trouble predicting 12 months ahead never mind 12 years.

It’s basically laughable.
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This will basically be brexit supporters if we leave on no deal and the vast majority of the stupid project fear predictions are proved wholly bull.

https://youtu.be/ct0pjZxRCUQ
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%