adina_03
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can I take arts and design in A levels without having it in o levels? And is the subject difficult? I would really want to do interior designing in future. For it which art would be better?I don't really know much about any thing. So it would be good if you suugest one. Thank you!
Last edited by adina_03; 1 year ago
blackvoid17
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by adina_03)
Can I take arts and design in A levels without having it in o levels? And is the subject difficult? I would really want to do interior designing in future. For it which art would be better?I don't really know much about any thing. So it would be good if you suugest one. Thank you!
You're likely to find it quite overwhelming if you've never done it before. If you've looked at uni courses, do they require art at a level?
JudaicImposter
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by adina_03)
Take 3 regular A levels of your choice, 'History of Art' is the 'Gold-Standard' in my opinion. Take alongside this a one year Access to HE Course at an institution of your choice, I would choose Ravensbourne University as it offers a Design Course 1 year part-time durings evenings/weekends. This course would allow you to build a portfolio which would allow you to get into the Art/Design Department of any University. Strong and relevant A levels would be highly beneficial in addition to the portfolio. Art and Design A level is a waste of time and effort in my opinion. A lot of people complain how much time they spend on it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (36)
15.58%
I'm not sure (8)
3.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (85)
36.8%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.73%
I'm not a current university student (98)
42.42%

Watched Threads