The Student Room Group

Potentially interested in going into law, unsure on a couple of things.

Hello, I am currently in year 12 and i am giving some thought to what i want to do next year and I am unsure on what I would like to do. After my form tutor sent me link to a work experience opportunity in london for law, I have decided that it is only worth applying because if i could have the opportunity it may help me to clarify if a career in law would be something that I could see myself persuing. However it has asked me 'what attracts you to the role of a commercial solicitor?' and not only has this made me realise that I lack a detailed idea about exactly wha the job entails but I also don't know where I can educate myself well about Law as a subject in general. I believe that if I had a better understanding of the types of law and what they all do I could give myself a better idea about what I want to do ans whether Law is for me.
Basically I am asking for how I am best getting information and researching into Law and also what else I could be doing to help myself decide what i want to do when i leave school.
I know this sounds very general but i just want to figure out what i want to do and by researchin law I hope that i can focus my search.

Thanks all, sorry for the confusing question.
Nessa
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest