Are there less ethnic/religious minorities on TSR?

Watch
Zamestaneh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
It is very hard to measure the question statistically, but as an observation, the PakSoC, Indian Soc, Somali Soc, ISOC, Sikh Soc etc used to be very very active during my more active days of 2013-2015 (like we could rinse the 10K posts in a society thread within a few months). Though I use TSR a lot less than I used to and have been close to leaving it, I have noticed that there are a lot less regular minority posters... or it may just be you guys are hiding and not making use of those threads anymore.

Is TSR in general a lot less active or is it just minorities?
Reportedyou2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah true. TSR is dead. It's passed it's sell-by date.
beeninetytwo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nah, loads.

Loads of effnics
Zamestaneh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reportedyou2)
Yeah true. TSR is dead. It's passed it's sell-by date.
The only time TSR gets active is when there has been a terrorist attack or something and people want to vent against religion

(Original post by beeninetytwo)
Nah, loads.

Loads of effnics
Where they at, fam?
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Who knows? It’s the internet, people won’t be honest.

For example I am the rightful heir to the Byzantine empire and am currently the Earl of Woking.
Reformed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Zamestaneh)
The only time TSR gets active is when there has been a terrorist attack or something and people want to vent against religion

Where they at, fam?
there is at least truth in this though when you say 'religion' im sure you mean islam, the one thing islamists globally are acheiving , is keeping TSR relevant in 2019, despite mods doing their best to stifle any debate about islam that arises.

have you any opinion on the attacks in phillipines last weekend?
Last edited by Reformed; 2 years ago
Zamestaneh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reformed)
there is at least truth in this though when you say 'religion' im sure you mean islam, the one thing islamists globally are acheiving , is keeping TSR relevant in 2019, despite mods doing their best to stifle any debate about islam that arises.

have you any opinion on the attacks in phillipines last weekend?
Discussions on LGBT and other topics are also stifled, so Muslims don't exactly get special treatment here.

I don't keep track of the news these days and I don't have access to a TV - Idk what attack you are referring to tbh. I don't have opinions on attacks usually anyway beyond to say that Fitnah and Fasad and Jahl is spreading amongst the Muslims and non-Muslims, and it will remain this way until the Major Signs, so any opinion to add on top of that is pointless.
Reformed
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Zamestaneh)
Discussions on LGBT and other topics are also stifled, so Muslims don't exactly get special treatment here.

I don't keep track of the news these days and I don't have access to a TV - Idk what attack you are referring to tbh. I don't have opinions on attacks usually anyway beyond to say that Fitnah and Fasad and Jahl is spreading amongst the Muslims and non-Muslims, and it will remain this way until the Major Signs, so any opinion to add on top of that is pointless.
bit simplistic to say its simply a matter of mischeif and corruption. islamist terrorism , while it always has been in existence, is seemingly more widespread than ever. so much so that where ever there are islamic communities, islamist terrorism is close by. It doesnt seem to be a concern for tsrs muslims, but it is certainly a concern for the rest of the world.
username1339858_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think they're around just not frequenting those particular threads/forums.
kcus rune
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm here
username4466608
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Perhaps some have grown tired of the same old toxic and ignorant threads/comments, causing them to leave altogether
mchat
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
100% . I was just reading a thread talking about Blackfishing and they were talking about why it's not bad cuz when it's the other way around people don't care like with Michael Jackson. They don't get the effects of colonialism on ethnic people and how there is an actual stigma attached to looking the way we do. And then on another thread I was reading about a guy who believes Tommy from EDL is just "saying what everyone else is thinking" and he doesn't understand how that could cause an inflammatory response from a Muslim classmate and asking whether it's "racist" to say that. Honestly, the people on this website fuel toxic ideology of some lost Ethnic minorities and people questioning their religion by trying to impose their views on them and some of them actually take their advice, not knowing that regardless of you being accepting to their cultural appropriation or agreeing with their islamophobic views you will really never be accepted by them. And the colourism, blatant ignorance and Racism is actually disgusting and tbh I for one can't be bothered to reply to these sort of messages. They have the whole Internet to educate themselves so why should we waste our time.
(Original post by username4466608)
Perhaps some have grown tired of the same old toxic and ignorant threads/comments, causing them to leave altogether
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (33)
5.63%
Uncertainty around my education (69)
11.77%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.26%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
12.8%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.63%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (31)
5.29%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (63)
10.75%
Financial worries (38)
6.48%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (24)
4.1%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.8%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.56%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (58)
9.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
8.02%

Watched Threads