Does this sound like a binge eating disorder? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I'm slim, I'm actually at the 'lower end' of the healthy weight range. But I think I might have a kind of 'starve and binge' eating disorder.

I eat no breakfast, just a black coffee. Then for lunch I have a large salad, but it's just a big plate of leaves, tomatoes etc and a small portion of chicken breast. Sometimes then I'll have a few rice cakes or two squares of dark chocolate in the afternoon with coffee.

Then, in the evening, I'll eat a very big meal - it will be very healthy (chicken or salmon, large salad, handful brown rice or wholemeal bread role, handful nuts and dried fruit, some more rice cakes...)

I calculate the total calories I've eaten, and each day it's 1200 - 1500 (so not 'excessive'), but I feel really full in the evenings and as though I'm 'bingeing'.

Does it sound like a kind of eating disorder? Or does anyone else do something similar and consider it 'normal'?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm slim, I'm actually at the 'lower end' of the healthy weight range. But I think I might have a kind of 'starve and binge' eating disorder.

I eat no breakfast, just a black coffee. Then for lunch I have a large salad, but it's just a big plate of leaves, tomatoes etc and a small portion of chicken breast. Sometimes then I'll have a few rice cakes or two squares of dark chocolate in the afternoon with coffee.

Then, in the evening, I'll eat a very big meal - it will be very healthy (chicken or salmon, large salad, handful brown rice or wholemeal bread role, handful nuts and dried fruit, some more rice cakes...)

I calculate the total calories I've eaten, and each day it's 1200 - 1500 (so not 'excessive'), but I feel really full in the evenings and as though I'm 'bingeing'.

Does it sound like a kind of eating disorder? Or does anyone else do something similar and consider it 'normal'?
Its fine to eat one meal a day imo, but

You can get some feedback on whether any of your habits have any unhealthy aspects to them.
Theres also plenty of information about how to recognise eating disorders.

https://www.beateatingdisorders.org....ices/helplines
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

eating disorders are not about physical appearance or weight but mental health. to me, this sounds more like intermittent fasting which is a perfectly normal and common practice to lose weight. unless you have obsessive thoughts about food and fear gaining weight, it is not classified as an eating disorder.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%