The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

HPAT Ulster

Anyone sitting the HPAT tomorrow or has previously sat it have any tips? Especially for section 3, would be greatly appreciated
Me! For section 3 i am practising the example questions and timing myself. As i sat the exam last year im not too nervous as ill be familiar with it. My advice is for part 1 of task 3 basically describe what you see on the page and how the information might link together and what sets it apart from the others, write atleast 6 paragraphs . For part 2 of section 3 try to use lots of persuasive language to show your ideas and make a strong point and conclusion. Wish you all the luck!
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Aw thank you so much! This is really helpful, good luck to you to :smile:
How did you find it?
Hey, found this post here - I sat it yesterday and strangely enough I found section two really tough which is usually by best section by far. Section one was ok and section 3 was ok I suppose, not impossible topics! How did you find it?
Reply 5
I couldn't do section 1. Complete nightmare
I found the whole thing a nightmare and ended up guessing about 50% or more of both sections 1 and 2.
Reply 7
Original post by Clara997
I found the whole thing a nightmare and ended up guessing about 50% or more of both sections 1 and 2.

Did you not take the podiatry offer last year ?
No, i wish to do physiotherapy instead but highly doubt i have improved my precentile. How about you?
I'm applying for Speech and language therapy,is anyone else? What's the usual percentile (give or take) to get in to SLT?
Original post by 123456!!!
I'm applying for Speech and language therapy,is anyone else? What's the usual percentile (give or take) to get in to SLT?

I'm hoping to do speech and language therapy too! I'm not sure of the usual percentile for acceptance however I've seen a few posts on here with people getting a percentile of 69/72 ish. How did you find the exam?
Original post by Llb23
I'm hoping to do speech and language therapy too! I'm not sure of the usual percentile for acceptance however I've seen a few posts on here with people getting a percentile of 69/72 ish. How did you find the exam?

Yeah I'd say the percentiles are high enough for SLT. I kept my cool and answered all the questions which I was happy about.. but I found section 2 really tough! I found that I kept second guessing myself and wasn't sure about a lot of the answer options.. I found that strange since it's usually my best section. It's so so hard to know since it is based off how everyone else did. I wrote the two essays in a very simple style, nothing special. How did you find it?
Original post by 123456!!!
Yeah I'd say the percentiles are high enough for SLT. I kept my cool and answered all the questions which I was happy about.. but I found section 2 really tough! I found that I kept second guessing myself and wasn't sure about a lot of the answer options.. I found that strange since it's usually my best section. It's so so hard to know since it is based off how everyone else did. I wrote the two essays in a very simple style, nothing special. How did you find it?

I ran out of time with the first section and had to just randomly fill the sheet in for 7/8 answers which I could have kicked myself at! I thought that about section 2 too!! With the practice questions it wasn't that hard to try and work out what the answer was by the text but I didn't have a clue for most of it. I think the hardest ones were the ones that were asking what the best response would be rather than asking what the attitude was or how someone felt...I was like ahhh! My essay questions were nothing out of the ordinary either, I think I talked absolute rubbish though lol. I'm just hoping everyone else felt the same!!
Original post by Llb23
I ran out of time with the first section and had to just randomly fill the sheet in for 7/8 answers which I could have kicked myself at! I thought that about section 2 too!! With the practice questions it wasn't that hard to try and work out what the answer was by the text but I didn't have a clue for most of it. I think the hardest ones were the ones that were asking what the best response would be rather than asking what the attitude was or how someone felt...I was like ahhh! My essay questions were nothing out of the ordinary either, I think I talked absolute rubbish though lol. I'm just hoping everyone else felt the same!!

Yeah for section two no one answer stood out to me, either they seemed all wrong or all right! Or else I couldn't find ''evidence" in the text to support the answer. Definitely a lot of guess work. It's all just a waiting game now. That's definitely the worst part!

Quick Reply

Latest