aimeejade9
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Is there any funding for a second degree in veterinary medicine tuition? e.g. even one or two years tuition fee? Also, would i still get maintenance loans for my second degree?

I will have studied bioveterinary science for 3 years with full student finance.
Previously, i changed my degree after a year so all together I have had 4 years student finance.

It's graduate veterinary medicine for 4 years in total

Thank you
SFE Tegan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi Aimee,

Do you have a specific course in mind?

Students who are studying to be a veterinary surgeion as a second degree can apply for Maintenance Loan and supplementary grants. You would not be eligible for Tuition Fee Loan.

If you were to study an eligible veterinary sciences course part time then you could apply for Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan. We can check this for you if you provide the course details.

Warm regards, Tégan
aimeejade9
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi Tegan, thsnks for your reply.

The course i have in mind is a 4 year graduate degree in veterinary medicine at Uni of Ed,
i was told id get maintenance loan but i'm not sure if i'd get any help toward tuition as i have already had 4 years tuition with my undergraduate degree!

Thanks so much for any help you can give
Aimee
SFE Erin
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by aimeejade9)
Hi Tegan, thsnks for your reply.

The course i have in mind is a 4 year graduate degree in veterinary medicine at Uni of Ed,
i was told id get maintenance loan but i'm not sure if i'd get any help toward tuition as i have already had 4 years tuition with my undergraduate degree!

Thanks so much for any help you can give
Aimee
Hi Aimee,

If you wish to apply for a full time course, you would be eligible to apply for the Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants (if applicable). Unfportunatley you will not be eligible to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan.

Thanks,
Erin K
AmberCordice
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I believe as vetmed is on the shortage list it should be able to be funded as a full-time course as a second degree. Not only that but if you've already done a 3 year course, if you had done vetmed you would have got 5 years funding so I do not see why the last two years of the second degree for vetmed shouldNot be funded. For those who cannot afford to achieve their dream all because of money is very disheartening. Especially when this occupation is short listed. Instead of helping and educating our own generation, people form outside the uk who can qualify as a vet with no tuition fees get the opportunity. Fair enough as they have worked hard and earned it but the education system
Is unfair
Last edited by AmberCordice; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (65)
66.33%
No I haven't decided yet (20)
20.41%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
13.27%

Watched Threads