The Student Room Group

Pre reg pharmacy year 2020-21

Hi guys

I just have a few qs about pre reg.
I’m not sure if I want to go straight into pre reg or gap year? Would it be a bad decision?

Does anyone know if you can work on the weekends and have two days during the week off? I know minimum hours is 35/36hours so if I was to do full time would it be possible to do full time hours during the weekend and part time hours during the week to get the hours up to an equivalence of full time hours?

Is it always Monday -Friday?

Thanks guys
Original post by Prereg2020v
Hi guys

I just have a few qs about pre reg.
I’m not sure if I want to go straight into pre reg or gap year? Would it be a bad decision?

Does anyone know if you can work on the weekends and have two days during the week off? I know minimum hours is 35/36hours so if I was to do full time would it be possible to do full time hours during the weekend and part time hours during the week to get the hours up to an equivalence of full time hours?

Is it always Monday -Friday?

Thanks guys

It would be up to that particular pharmacy but its more likely they d want you to work monday to friday.
Most community pharmacies aren't open weekends, but when my sister did her pre-reg in hospital they had to work on saturdays every 2 weeks.
Depends where you end up going though.
Reply 3
Hello. I got a prereg placement at a pharmacy in thetford. Is there a platform I can use to connect to the present prereg pharmacist to ask questions about the pharmacy before accepting the offer. Also, can I change my mind even after signing the contract as I am due to sign the contract this week? Any replies will be appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending