The Student Room Group

A levels or GED

I'm about 18 years 4 months and due to shifting and stuff I couldn't get admitted to school and start my A levels. It's already very late. I want graduate highschool, get a job and become independent as soon as possible. Along with getting higher education. Now I'm in a dilemma, as I have two options:

a) Start A levels in July 2019 and graduate in June 2021 (I will be 21 in Oct 2021!)

b) Start GED on 30th January 2019 and complete it within June 2019 ( I will be 19 in October 2019)

What should I do? Please help me out! I know a lot of you would say option a as highschool degree is better than GED but I have to endure being the oldest in my class, others will be 16+/17 and I will be 19! And I will be 21ish when I graduate school! If I do GED I will be in university this year even though only a few universities will accept me. Help!
Original post by Alexa Ivanov
I'm about 18 years 4 months and due to shifting and stuff I couldn't get admitted to school and start my A levels. It's already very late. I want graduate highschool, get a job and become independent as soon as possible. Along with getting higher education. Now I'm in a dilemma, as I have two options:

a) Start A levels in July 2019 and graduate in June 2021 (I will be 21 in Oct 2021!)

b) Start GED on 30th January 2019 and complete it within June 2019 ( I will be 19 in October 2019)

What should I do? Please help me out! I know a lot of you would say option a as highschool degree is better than GED but I have to endure being the oldest in my class, others will be 16+/17 and I will be 19! And I will be 21ish when I graduate school! If I do GED I will be in university this year even though only a few universities will accept me. Help!

Hello alexa, whats the temperature today?

#Alexa jokes 🤣
Don't do GED! Go for A levels as it has more worth and you can go to any universities you want if you do good. Plus if get B you can get into any good universities. Now they also accept C. Yes, they accept C in some good universities too. You can choose your occupation freely also. I would strictly suggest that complete your A levels and age doesn't matter I have seen many people get in universities when they are 22 and 23. I'm telling you if get A levels certificate it's really worth it.

Quick Reply

Latest