Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
hi lovlies...

i hope you are all well...

i need some advice...

i have 4 children 9, 7, 3 and 1.

i was looking to do my pgce or scitts course this year i am on materity leave as i have taken extra leave im back to work in may but i was thinking of doing my teacher training in sept...

however i feel maybe im rushing it... my husband works during the day and can help but i sometimes think i will regret it not spending this time with my kids... this leads me to thinking if i should just carry on working another year and do it the following year...

i also feel baby brained... forgeting things ect... some times i think get it over with as it wont get easier and we can do with the extra income x

what would u do if u was in my position xxx
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Claudette
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well of course everyone’s situation is different. We have a PGCE student at school who started when her child was 17 months, not something that I would personally have done but it works for her. I have two kids aged 7 and nearly 10 and will start my SCITT in September, for me that feels like the right time. There were certain things I needed to do first for example GCSE maths and I wanted to gain more experience.
I think if you are wondering whether it would work for you this year then chances are it may be too soon for you.
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'd say you have a lot on your plate to take this on at the moment. If you have some doubts I would postpone a while. My gf did a PGCE and said the course was hellish hard work. She not too enamoured with teaching either, but thats another story
Sk2009
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank u thats wat I was thinking. I would love to do it this year. However I feel I need more experience as i only have worked in reception. I think a good moving forward point would be to do English GCSE rather than the equivilancy test and gain more experience in other years.
Thank you for the advice... x
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (216)
60.17%
No (143)
39.83%

Watched Threads