Boris Johnson tables Tory Leadership bid Watch

james.clk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.m...p-13873312.amp

..... in a sensible course of events, that would be the most appropriate move at this stage. With an executive that have never had a real passion to deliver a Brexit that matches the concerns of the electorate, it’s in my humble view - the leading proponents and campaigners, of what is now a collapsing of our trading infrastructure, should be charged with the responsibility to deliver on what they envisioned and believe in to this day.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by james.clk)
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.m...p-13873312.amp

..... in a sensible course of events, that would be the most appropriate move at this stage. With an executive that have never had a real passion to deliver a Brexit that matches the concerns of the electorate, it’s in my humble view - the leading proponents and campaigners, of what is now a collapsing of our trading infrastructure, should be charged with the responsibility to deliver on what they envisioned and believe in to this day.
Pay more attention to the news...

1. That was a week ago.
2. He was widely ridiculed for the idiotic and (numerous) easily proven false things he said.
3. I've got more chance of being elected as Conservative leader than he does.
james.clk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
Pay more attention to the news...

1. That was a week ago.
2. He was widely ridiculed for the idiotic and (numerous) easily proven false things he said.
3. I've got more chance of being elected as Conservative leader than he does.
If you read more attentively and widely, I write the event on the title should happen ‘in a sensible course of events’.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by james.clk)
If you read more attentively and widely, I write the event on the title should happen ‘in a sensible course of events’.
A sensible course of events is to elect a proven idiot, incompetent politic machine, and almost universally unpopular clown as a new leader? One who probably doesn't believe in Brexit any more than May, but just positioned himself there to try and win the leadership 2 years ago?

If that's your version of sensible, you need help.

And you could at least change the title to 'tabled'. Or, more realistically, 'shelved'.
Violet Femme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It wasn't much of a leadership bid, although his wallet was much fatter after his JCB visit.

That a grubby spanner like Johnson remains a significant figure is a damning indictment of a political party that claims success should be based on merit.
Last edited by Violet Femme; 3 weeks ago
username1738683
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Violet Femme)
It wasn't much of a leadership bid, although his wallet was much fatter after his JCB visit.
Of course it wasn't much of a leadership bid, there isn't even a leadership contest to bid for. It's just political activism dressed up as journalism by the Mirror, it's nothing much to do with the real world. Did anybody else report on his bid?

Now, if we're talking Yvette Cooper and her leadership in the sabotaging of Brexit and frontal assault on the democratic process... yes, she is doing it as a way of building her profile with an eye on any leadership opening that may occur in her party. She would stand more of a chance than Boris, not something I got from the media but as a matter of personal opinion. Momentum would give her a right contest, though.
Last edited by username1738683; 3 weeks ago
james.clk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
A sensible course of events is to elect a proven idiot, incompetent politic machine, and almost universally unpopular clown as a new leader? One who probably doesn't believe in Brexit any more than May, but just positioned himself there to try and win the leadership 2 years ago?

If that's your version of sensible, you need help.

And you could at least change the title to 'tabled'. Or, more realistically, 'shelved'.
I see your vision, have a delusional remoaner heading the negotiations who are ideologically apposite to the ‘Leave’ voters who’s main concerns were, excessive EU payments, freedom of movement and the EU jurisdiction. Another classic brexit limbo solution, ofc there are much finer Brexiteers that would do a better job than Boris, but he as a major campaign proponent for vote leave and a drafter for much of the post-EU proposals would do a much better job than the current administration!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%