How long will this last? A Y11 GYG Watch

InsertResultHere
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago

Welcome to my GYG for GCSE!
Hi, some of you may be following my other GYG, which is kind of a flop because I haven't updated it in months, so here's a new one to help me on the final dash to exams!
So I'm currently studying 9 GCSE's, and at a state-funded comprehensive school. My plan is to move to a grammar school for A-Levle, more of which will be mentioned further on.

Below are my mock grades, followed by what I want in the exams (NOTE: I do Combined Science, as my school doesn't offer Triple Science, even though I am top set!):

SUBJECT - mock grade - what I want
English Language - 8 - 8
English Literature - 8 - 7/8
Maths - 8 - 8/9
Chemistry - 8 - 8/9
Physics - 9 - 8/9
Biology - 8 - 8/9
Religious Studies - 7 - 6/7
Geography - 6 - 7/8
Computer Science - 8 - 7/8
Design Technology - 8 - 7

Some of the grades I want may be lower than my mock grade (Design Tech and RE). This is either because there is coursework, or the subject is a bit of a hit or miss (cough RE).

My plans for A-Level involve moving schools to take advantage of better facilities and teaching. I am still conflicted on what to take, hoevere. I DEFINETLY want to do Maths and Chemistry to A-Level, and Geology to AS (they only do it to AS as the school), and I'm trying to decide between Biology or Further Maths.

Anyway, if you want to follow along you are more than welcome to, I will be posting almost everyday/night after revision!!
emilynxlan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Best of luck! :rave:
InsertResultHere
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Update 1 - Weekend Update!

Saturday:
On Saturday, I started and finished Biology module 5 - Homeostasis and Response! I enjoy this module, as it involves how the body works through the reuglation of internal conditions, as well as reflex arc and negative feedback loops like Thyroxine within the Human Nervous System. It also involves bodily processes and maturation, such as puberty and the menstrual cycle. To me, human biology is wayyyyy for fascinating than plant biology!
I followed this up with a 50 question Educake quiz on module 5, then a 100 question quiz on modules 1-4!

Sunday:
I didn't do much on Sunday, but I did start character analysis for Jane Eyre, starting with the strong-willed and outspoken Jane herself!I talked about her progress through the first-person bildungsroman novel, and how her search for love and happiness is hard yet worthwile and rewarding!

TIME COUNT: 7 hours
clouddbubbles
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
hey i'm totally going to follow along
KompSkiBoi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
could I be added to the tag list?
RazzzBerries
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Good luck :rave:

Can I be on the tag list? Pweeeese.
nyxnko_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
good luck! :rave:
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey....I'm doing gcse's this year too!!...Good luck with urs....
IsMo987
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tag meeeee
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (280)
15.48%
The paper was reasonable (1007)
55.67%
Not feeling great about that exam... (387)
21.39%
It was TERRIBLE (135)
7.46%

Watched Threads