The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

How to find a housemate as an EU/International Postgraduate

Hi guys,

I am an EU student coming to Newcastle next year and I was wondering how to go about finding private accommodation. Ideally, I would like to live in a shared flat or house with other postgraduate students. I saw that most landlords rent out rooms directly, so I would not be able to meet the other tenants first or at least look for a place for just postgrads.

Do you have any suggestions where I can start looking?
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by moonqueen
Hi guys,

I am an EU student coming to Newcastle next year and I was wondering how to go about finding private accommodation. Ideally, I would like to live in a shared flat or house with other postgraduate students. I saw that most landlords rent out rooms directly, so I would not be able to meet the other tenants first or at least look for a place for just postgrads.

Do you have any suggestions where I can start looking?

Hello,

Student Roost Newcastle have 3 sites in Newcastle city centre.

Newcastle 1 and St James Point have shared flats and we pride ourself on allocating students into flats with people they will make friends with, you can tell us preferences about who you would like to live with and we will try our best to fill your flat with these people.
We have a mixture of flats from 4 beds all the way to 8 beds. At the moment we have an amazing offer whic ends on 31st January 2019. Take a look - https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/newcastle

Even if youchose a studio, we have fun and exciting weekly events on our social calnder that gets all residents mixing together in our comunal areas.

Send us a message to find out more.

Thanks
Tegan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending