Mitt1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there
I need to start thinking of dissertation ideas. I need to come up with two topics and then I will choose one. My two ideas are: (these are just ideas but not actual questions)

1. The impact of climate change/ future climate change on a certain tourist resort or foodstuff (previous ones include like Costa Del Sol too hot to go to in future, impact of CC on ski industry and impact of CC on cocoa production). I would really like to do something like but I cant think of a good enough topic

2. This is very wishy-washy. Something like public/business perception of coastal defences.
Mitt1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Anyone please Im quite desperate
jjlovatt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm currently doing my dissertation on differing flood managment techniques for urban rivers, so fairly similar to your idea on coastal defences. I think a qualitative enquiry on the perception of coatal defences could be really interesting, especially if you go to a coastal university or live in a coastal town. Public data could be relatively easy to collect, although you might struggle with gaining professional or business perceptions. Contacting the Environmental Agency would be a very good place to start with a research project like this one (I started there too with mine) as they carry out the majority of planning/installation of defences. Also, as they're a government organisation this could give you another 'perception' to look into and add to the public/business one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (175)
4.95%
Uncertainty around my education (517)
14.63%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (393)
11.12%
Lack of purpose or motivation (490)
13.87%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (172)
4.87%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (214)
6.06%
Loneliness (300)
8.49%
Financial worries (129)
3.65%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (140)
3.96%
Exposure to negative news/social media (160)
4.53%
Lack of real life entertainment (197)
5.58%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (317)
8.97%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (329)
9.31%

Watched Threads