AshWestEve
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forums but I desperately need help and advice with tenancy takeovers for student halls if anyone has experience with this, or possibly even knows someone who would be interested in taking my room.

I live in Athena Hall, Ipswich, studying at University of Suffolk. I urgently need a tenant studying at the uni to takeover my lease. I live in a silver grade room with en-suite, shared with 4 other roommates.

Me and my dorm neighbour who lives next to me and is on the same course and we desperately need to move to Bury St Edmunds where our campus is, as we're currently finding it too difficult to study from where we are as we need access to uni facilities, and it's too far and too expensive to get there on a regular basis for us.

I've spoken to the hall staff about it and all they've told me is that there's no way out of the (academic) year long contact and that my chances of finding a tenant to take over my lease are extremely slim - great!

Anyway, me and the friend I'm moving with have recently viewed an ideal place right next to campus we want to secure but we seemingly can't do anything about it right now, I've tried posting an advert on Facebook and will post elsewhere.

Any advice, recommendations, suggestions etc will be very welcome as I feel at a loss right now with no way out and can't see myself passing this year if I don't move. Better yet - if anyone is interested / knows anyone who would be interested in my flat, fantastic! There is another up for grabs right next to mine for any friends looking to move into halls together.

If interested, please contact me asap
Thanks guys!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.71%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.29%

Watched Threads