The Student Room Group

Dbs check

Has anybody still been offered a place on adult nursing degree with a previous restraining order in additional info on the dbs check even if they weren't convicted and restraining order was given outside of court ?
Original post by Mariathad
Has anybody still been offered a place on adult nursing degree with a previous restraining order in additional info on the dbs check even if they weren't convicted and restraining order was given outside of court ?

I would say its unlikely you are goin to find anyone on TSR who fits that profile.
If it comes to light , then they will have a hearing and consider all the circumstances plus let you put your side.
They will be weighing up the significance and how relevant it is to your fitness to practice.

Is the order still in place?
Has it been breached at any time?
They will also want to look at the circumstances.

You will need to decide your mitigating explanation as to why it is not relevant or will not impair your fitness to practice.
If its no longer in place, then i doubt they will care.
Reply 2
No it wasn't ever breached it finished 4 or 5 years ago now ... basically I had a few arguments with one girl she knew which profession I wanted to be in and to get one on me basically she made the first call to the police indicating I was harassing her ... when it came to court eventually she didn't want to go in to the court room my solicitor suggested settling outside of court as a conviction of harassment is basically one person's word against another and is obviously worse than what a restraining order pre aquittal looks ... and I just took it to prove I wouldn't be near her etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending