From Medicine to Chemical Engineering is it possible? Watch

SudanesePrince
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I am currently putting all my efforts into going for Medicine, I feel that if post a gap year I still fail to get in, I will be lost in terms of options, so I am currently looking into backup plans B,C,D and Z.

I have yet to fully understand the life science degrees, and I feel put off from them as although I feel I would definitely enjoy the degree I am concerned about graduate prospects.

What I wanted to know, is the impression I have gotten so far, is that if you are unable to get into Med school but you still want to do an undergrad. degree your only REALISTIC options are the life science degrees. But the only degree I really, currently, have any kind of affinity to is, chemical engineering, but because I am so focused on Medicine there is no way I can take time to look (work exp) for a career I don't even know I can apply for (with a realistic chance of getting in). I am worried if I need another PS which I definitely won't have, as you can imagine that time period is extremely stressful for wannabe medics (UKCAT BMAT etc.) can I even do a second PS? that's how lost I am in terms of what I can do.

Many thanks in advance,

The Sudanese Prince,
Crow_M
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hey buddy
My friend applied to UCL and got an offer for medicine, she also applied for Chemical Engineering at Imperial which is quite competitive and she got an offer with her medicine personal statement.
SudanesePrince
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Crow_M)
Hey buddy
My friend applied to UCL and got an offer for medicine, she also applied for Chemical Engineering at Imperial which is quite competitive and she got an offer with her medicine personal statement.
Thanks for the reply, would you say that's a common occurrence, like something I can rely on or is your friend one of extraordinary circumstances, I'm guessing she would have to call them about the medicine personal statement.
Crow_M
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by SudanesePrince)
Thanks for the reply, would you say that's a common occurrence, like something I can rely on or is your friend one of extraordinary circumstances, I'm guessing she would have to call them about the medicine personal statement.
I wouldn't say that it is common but it isn't also uncommon.

My friend had A*A*A predicted. I don't know if she called the uni about it though
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by SudanesePrince)
I am currently putting all my efforts into going for Medicine, I feel that if post a gap year I still fail to get in, I will be lost in terms of options, so I am currently looking into backup plans B,C,D and Z.

I have yet to fully understand the life science degrees, and I feel put off from them as although I feel I would definitely enjoy the degree I am concerned about graduate prospects.

What I wanted to know, is the impression I have gotten so far, is that if you are unable to get into Med school but you still want to do an undergrad. degree your only REALISTIC options are the life science degrees. But the only degree I really, currently, have any kind of affinity to is, chemical engineering, but because I am so focused on Medicine there is no way I can take time to look (work exp) for a career I don't even know I can apply for (with a realistic chance of getting in). I am worried if I need another PS which I definitely won't have, as you can imagine that time period is extremely stressful for wannabe medics (UKCAT BMAT etc.) can I even do a second PS? that's how lost I am in terms of what I can do.

Many thanks in advance,

The Sudanese Prince,
If you have the required grades in the required subjects, you should have absolutely no problem securing offers to study engineering. Engineering courses generally have very high offer rates to those who meet the requirements.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (95)
49.22%
No (98)
50.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed