Earrings Watch

Kateb11
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi

I got my ears pierced near Christmas and was told to wait 8-12 weeks before taking them out. Do you think this is necessary as my friends have told me that they’ve taken them out earlier and that you don’t have to wait that long?

Another thing that the piercing studio said was to not wear silver for 3 months after getting them pierced. I really want to wear silver but do you think that when/if I change my earrings for the first time I can put silver ones in? Will it cause an infection or something?

Any advice or tips will be helpful!

Thank you
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
samiontheroad
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I usually change my piercing as soon as I can move it around in any way and it doesn’t hurt. If I can turn it, move it back and forth and nothing hurts and there’s no liquid coming out, I usually change it.
Still make sure your hands are clean though!

And know that if the piercing is fresh, it heals a lot quicker so if you don’t wear earrings for a couple weeks, the holes could close.

As for the silver: I would definitely wait. Silver can oxidize if the wound hasn’t healed properly yet, so definitely wait at least until the three months have passed.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
applesauce1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by samiontheroad)
I usually change my piercing as soon as I can move it around in any way and it doesn’t hurt. If I can turn it, move it back and forth and nothing hurts and there’s no liquid coming out, I usually change it.
Still make sure your hands are clean though!

And know that if the piercing is fresh, it heals a lot quicker so if you don’t wear earrings for a couple weeks, the holes could close.

As for the silver: I would definitely wait. Silver can oxidize if the wound hasn’t healed properly yet, so definitely wait at least until the three months have passed.
Do what they told you to, it's probably better not to take the risk even if it doesn't seem to make much difference. my friend's sister ignored what she was told about her piercing and ended up with a nasty infection.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I thought it was always 6 weeks before you could take them out.
8-12 weeks seems a bit excessive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (70)
57.38%
No (52)
42.62%

Watched Threads

Latest