The Student Room Group

How do part-time jobs work at uni?

Hi,
I was wondering how jobs work when people are at uni? For example, do you have to resign from your job over Christmas in order to go home? Or do you take it as holiday? Do people get term-time contracts?

I don’t understand how it works haha

Any advice would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by Geek5
Hi,
I was wondering how jobs work when people are at uni? For example, do you have to resign from your job over Christmas in order to go home? Or do you take it as holiday? Do people get term-time contracts?

It all depends on the employer, many people would get zero hours contracts or take holidays, in some cases they wouldn't go home for the full holiday as most universities don't make you leave accommodation over the holidays until your contract is up.
Original post by Geek5
Hi,

Mcdonalds take on a lot of students.
They allow you to transfer stores and work at your uni store while at uni and a store near home during the summer/christmas.
You could also just get a job at a store near uni and not work there when you are back home.
Original post by Geek5
Hi,

Hey! Usually if you just let them know your a student etc and that you will be going home at christmas they will just work around it for you:smile:
Hope this helps
Sophia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending