Medical Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I’m 16 and can’t pull my foreskin back but feel like I have Smegma how do I get rid of it or does it go on it’s own does bathing help it go
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JTfoxlove
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You do want to be able to retract your foreskin to clean your penis. If you can't it's worth talking to your doctor about it.

Some people find it easier to retract their foreskin in the bath or with lubricant.

Don't overthink it - it's not any major threat to your health but you do want to get it sorted out.
Morgan09
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Does Smegma go on its own thou do you think I’d be able to leave it
modifiedgenes
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You should be able to retract your foreskin in the bath to clean under it thoroughly, smegma does not go on it's own and can cause nasty skin irritation.

If you can't retract your foreskin in the bath then I would ask your doctor for advice. Don't be afraid, they will have seen such things before many times.

You need to be able to clean under the foreskin for hygiene reasons. They can do a couple of small operations to sort this kind of problem.
Morgan09
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I’m getting a doctors appointment tomorrow I think but is it only circumcisicions that will help my foreskin go back or is there other ways to make it better
modifiedgenes
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Morgan09)
I’m getting a doctors appointment tomorrow I think but is it only circumcisicions that will help my foreskin go back or is there other ways to make it better
There is an alternative but I do not know what it is called or how it is done.

You do not want to be living with a foreskin you can't retract and clean under, smegma is a breeding ground for bacteria and foreskin that is too tight could make sex painful. Not only that but your partner(s) won't want to be anywhere near it.
Morgan09
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Exacrly that’s why I want it checking out I want it sorting ASAP but I’m nervous and just hope i can get rid of you
Morgan09
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It* not yoi
modifiedgenes
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Exacrly that’s why I want it checking out I want it sorting ASAP but I’m nervous and just hope i can get rid of you
No need to be nervous, it is not an unheard of problem and the doctor will be able to give you better advice than me. It will be sorted one way or the other.
Morgan09
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Cheers mate
JTfoxlove
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yes they'll likely give you a steroid cream and encourage you to practice retracting your foreskin.
jdro
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It should pull back
Last edited by StrawberryDreams; 6 months ago
jdro
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
And afterwards the foreskin should be returned
Last edited by StrawberryDreams; 6 months ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Have you managed to get it sorted since?

What did the doctor advise? I’ve got a similar issue and am too embarrassed to book in w the Dr.......
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.77%
Excited (150)
8.99%
Worried (302)
18.11%
Terrified (374)
22.42%
Meh (153)
9.17%
Confused (36)
2.16%
Putting on a brave face (229)
13.73%
Impatient (211)
12.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise