High heel shoes while driving? How do you do it? Watch

Carol97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi there.
I recently passed my test a few months ago and currently have a small 1.2 petrol opel corsa.
Last night a few of my friends and I decided we would go for a few drinks and I decided to be designated driver. I was running very late to pick them up and did not give much thought into my driving footwear. I popped on my heels (some white 5 inch high heel sandals for anyone who is interested) and popped into the car. For some strange reason the car was reluctant to start but after several attempts it started. This frustrated me and made me even more late.
As I Never gave much thought to driving in heels I didn’t think to take them off. I had no problems controlling the clutch or the break but the accelerator was a problem. I always push down the accelerator as hard as I can when driving as it is not a very powerful car but when I was changing up through the gears my right foot kept slipping off the pedal as I pushed it down quickly to accelerate. Over the course or the 30 minute trip it happened 10-15 times. When I picked up the rest of my friends I took them off and drove in my feet and had 0 problems.

Any other women out there have similar problems out of curiosity?
Thanks!
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I cant drive in high heals very well either.
Bubblylibra
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Or just leave a pair of flats in your boot and change when necessary? Driving in heels seems like a nightmare lol
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Lots of practice... but I get funny stares from my mates in the pub.
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Emma:-))
I cant drive in high heals very well either.
Heals?
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
Heals?
You know what i mean
saffarinda
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My aunt always takes her shoes off when driving, she finds it easier to do it barefooted - it’s good for her because she used to work in an office where she always wore heels so she just slips them off and back on again
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I just drive barefoot.
Ash:)
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yh don’t drive with heels, especially stilettos as they can get stuck between the gap and pedal (really dangerous if it gets stuck on the accelerator) so would recommend you take them off when driving or keep a pair of flats.
CurlyBen
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
There was a girl on here a few years back who posted about a series of accidents she had, one of which was because her foot slipped off the clutch because of her heels. It's not a clever idea.
LetitLoad
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I keep a pair of trainers on and then keep my boots in the boot when I drive to gigs at the weekend for my party band as it's harder to drive in boots. I'd suggest you do something similar when you go out with your mates. Driving in heels is pretty dangerous, not that I'd know being a man, but I've heard bad stories
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (238)
59.65%
No (161)
40.35%

Watched Threads