Sunny3913
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My sister tells me to get her everyday at break time from her lesson in school and we spend break times together with me her and my friend and she always says “don’t forget me” it’s really annoying and she makes it feel like my responsibility to collect her everyday what should I do?
Last edited by Sunny3913; 1 year ago
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sunny3913)
My sister tells me to get her everyday at break time from her lesson in school and we spend break times together with me her and my friend and she always says “don’t forget me” it’s really annoying and she makes it feel like my responsibility to collect her everyday what should I do?
Tell her you don't want to do it. I assume you're in secondary scho so she should be more independent.
Sunny3913
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Tell her you don't want to do it. I assume you're in secondary scho so she should be more independent.
Yes I am and I told her that today but she told my mom she’s in year 9 I’m in year 11 my mom said to me I have to pick her up or she’ll take my phone now my mom said I’m falling out with my sister but I haven’t she told me to look after my sister and my mom said I’m being stubborn she is saying go to *my friends name* she said I be wandering around with my friend to my mom any idea what I should do would be very helpful thnx
Y1_UniMaths
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Seems kinda silly your mum would take your phone off you for not collecting your sister. She’s in year 9! She needs to be independent. What’s she gonna do when you’ve left school? Does she not have any friends?
username4466290
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well, maybe she just wants to spend break times together with you or some kids bully her... One thing you should do is ask her. That's the easiest way to do it.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Most Year 9's would be embarrased seeing their siblings around school, let alone want to spend break with them. Are you sure there's nothing else going on?
Sunny3913
Rep:
?
(Original post by Y12_FurtherMaths)
Seems kinda silly your mum would take your phone off you for not collecting your sister. She’s in year 9! She needs to be independent. What’s she gonna do when you’ve left school? Does she not have any friends?
She doesn’t go to lessons she stays in a room with only a few kids and i collect her from there because she feels dizzy and has coeliac disease just today she started going school full time she finishes at 12:30 usually today she finished 3:00 and she had friends she doesn’t talk to now so no she doesn’t really have friends
Sunny3913
Rep:
?
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
Most Year 9's would be embarrased seeing their siblings around school, let alone want to spend break with them. Are you sure there's nothing else going on?
No there’s nothing else going on that I know of she doesn’t talk to her friends anymore because she had a lot of time off school because of coeliac disease so she stopped hanging out with her friends
Sunny3913
Rep:
?
(Original post by scrollingdown)
Well, maybe she just wants to spend break times together with you or some kids bully her... One thing you should do is ask her. That's the easiest way to do it.
Well she doesn’t have much interaction with kids because she doesn’t go to lessons she stays in a room with a few kids so I don’t think that anyone bullies her she’s always complaining when I’m late because my teacher keeps the class behind so It annoys me everytime in the morning she says don’t forget me 10000000x:confused:
Gabbyyyxxx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try and convince her to make new friends and tell her it’s not really my responsibility in my opinion just be honest it would be fair if u just lie to her may I ask her how old she is....
Sunny3913
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gabbyyyxxx)
Try and convince her to make new friends and tell her it’s not really my responsibility in my opinion just be honest it would be fair if u just lie to her may I ask her how old she is....
She gets sad and angry at me when I be honest then she tells my mom sure there’s litterally nothing I can do about it and she’s 13
Sunny3913
Rep:
?
Also she wants me to collect her at lunch time too because she has no one to hang out with I feel sorry for her and annoyed at the same time honestly
Claire461
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Also she wants me to collect her at lunch time too because she has no one to hang out with I feel sorry and annoyed honestly
I think you should carry on doing what you are doing. It won’t be forever.
Sunny3913
Rep:
?
I feel weird talking to my friends around her idk why I shouldn’t she’s my sister but she talks to me at break and lunch and I feel like I don’t get a chance to talk to my friends properly
Claire461
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I feel weird talking to my friends around her idk why I shouldn’t she’s my sister but she talks to me at break and lunch and I feel like I don’t get a chance to talk to my friends properly
I do get that. Really I do. One of my granddaughters is autistic and doesn’t play with the other kids at playtime/lunchtime and her older sister sits with her because she prefers to stay in.
Coeliac Disease can cause stress and irritability and it’s hard for your sister to go through this.
could you meet your friend at other times/places away from school/home to give you time alone with them?
Sunny3913
Rep:
?
(Original post by Seamus123)
I do get that. Really I do. One of my granddaughters is autistic and doesn’t play with the other kids at playtime/lunchtime and her older sister sits with her because she prefers to stay in.
Coeliac Disease can cause stress and irritability and it’s hard for your sister to go through this.
could you meet your friend at other times/places away from school/home to give you time alone with them?
I don’t meet them outside school only in lessons and break/lunch which is why I value our time and i understand it’s hard for her I get her from the room but I am late sometimes and she complains I don’t appreciate that
Gabbyyyxxx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
She gets sad and angry at me when I be honest then she tells my mom sure there’s litterally nothing I can do about it and she’s 13
U need to be honest with ur mum and tell her how u don’t feel like u need to be responsible for basically babysitting ur sister and u need to tell ur sister that even if she tells ur mum it doesn’t change the fact that u don’t like being around her at school times
Claire461
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don’t meet them outside school only in lessons and break/lunch which is why I value our time and i understand it’s hard for her I get her from the room but I am late sometimes and she complains I don’t appreciate that
Try this then. Speak to your Mum and suggest to her that you will be with your sister some of the time, but not all the time and that you want to spend time with your friends. This is an important time of your life where you need to be allowed to form secure friendship groups and that is a rite of passage at your age.
If she is still unreasonable, and she won’t agree, then let her take your phone and perhaps she will see that she may be asking too much of you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (643)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (814)
42.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.68%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.48%

Watched Threads