How can I salvage a subject with a weak teacher? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I do Higher RMPS and whilst I've not had my prelim back, I think I've completely failed it. And whilst I don't like to blame other people, I feel that I am going to struggle to salvage it as my teacher isn't good. It takes around half the lesson for any teaching to begin, and even then, the teaching is minimal and often goes off-topic. It also takes him forever to mark anything.

I don't want to be too critical but as this is a subject without many outside resources, I'm a tad worried about how I will do. How can I salvage this?
Quick-use
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I self-taught Higher RMPS in high school and now I'm studying a second degree via Open University.

I guess what I want to advise is that you could try to study it by yourself. From what I remember, the Higher RMPS textbooks were great.

I feel sorry for you, though - having a not-so ideal teacher and being burdened with self-learning can be stressful, but you can definitely do it. Higher RMPS is really interesting, so it shouldn't be too much of a drag to study it alone. You could also read ahead during class and just do your own thing.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Just got it back. 28/60.

Not as disastrous as predicted but still not a pass.
ltsmith
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
teach yourself the subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (83)
57.64%
No (61)
42.36%

Watched Threads