Individuals in History: Who is the most influential person in history?

Watch this thread
MrSuavetopia
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
In this series of threads, we'll be posing a different question to discuss various individuals in history.

For this first thread, we'll pose the question as to who is the most influential person in human history? Given there's people in various fields of prominence, this is intentionally left vague to let you guys discuss whoever you want.

The person can be someone who reached the heights of their field, or who may have been less famous but responsible for creating, redefining or discovering something revolutionary to human history.

As ever, keep it thoughtful and don't bash others for their responses (but feel free to debate of course!)
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
The prehistoric person who discovered you could alloy tin and copper to make bronze.
jadedlad
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Thomas Edison, lord of light lol
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Gavrilo princip
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Gavrilo princip
:lol: really the catalyst for World War I ?
Tho it is true we wouldn't have really had WW1 or 2 without good old Princip
Neilos
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Whoever inspired/invented Judaism (and therefore is in some way responsible for all the Abrahamic religions, and the way billions of people think) did pretty well, but don't know their name, so I'll go with Jesus.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Santa- selflessly gave small gifts to local children, created a community sense of festive goodwill and established a tradition of ensuring that reindeer receive sufficient exercise.
Andrew97
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by I AM GROOT 1)
:lol: really the catalyst for World War I ?
Yep. Ahah

ive got a worse one.

Liberian President Charles D B King. Manged to get 16.2 times the number of registered voters to vote for him in 1927.
The RAR
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Stanlin
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by I AM GROOT 1)
I would highly contest that.

The First World War would likely have occurred regardless of whether Mr Princip assassinated Franz Ferdinand or not.
Andrew97
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 04MR17)

The First World War would likely have occurred regardless of whether Mr Princip assassinated Franz Ferdinand or not.
Yeah, Princip was a catalyst more than anything
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Napoleon Bonaparte is certainly up there, George Washington too.
Where Economic history is concerned I'm going to say Adam Smith.
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Yep. Ahah

ive got a worse one.

Liberian President Charles D B King. Manged to get 16.2 times the number of registered voters to vote for him in 1927.
:laugh: cant argue with that
(Original post by 04MR17)

yeah i know i said he was a catalyst in the WW1 as oppose to being a key figure
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
The prehistoric person who discovered you could alloy tin and copper to make bronze.
Who could not have done his or her work without the prior contribution of whoever discovered how to create fire artificially and how to control it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (147)
41.88%
Not yet, but I will soon (64)
18.23%
No (140)
39.89%

Watched Threads