The Student Room Group

Tight dr Martens instep

Hi,
I bought myself a pair of gorgeous burgundy velvet dr Martens. I tried on European size 39 and 40 in a shop. I usually wear 40 in boots, but in this case, my feet were literally all loose and were moving a lot inside, so I decided to go for 39. The right shoe fits perfectly, but the left one is tight at the instep, and I have no idea what to do. Maybe they are too narrow? But I am afraid that when I exchange them for a bigger size, they will be way too big.
Try wearing them indoors for a few days with several pairs of socks (if you have thick wool socks or slipper socks - even better). It's unikely they will stretch though as they are made from fabric.

Or you could try taking them back to the shop and asking to try on another pair in the same size - could just be a dodgy shoe.
Original post by girl_in_black
Try wearing them indoors for a few days with several pairs of socks (if you have thick wool socks or slipper socks - even better). It's unikely they will stretch though as they are made from fabric.

Or you could try taking them back to the shop and asking to try on another pair in the same size - could just be a dodgy shoe.

They are actually made of leather inside.
Original post by littlebirdsaved
They are actually made of leather inside.

In that case, they should be amenableto stretching.
Reply 4
Hey,
You just have to wear them in, after a week or so the leather softens up. I did use a shoe stretcher too, but i think you just have to wear them in i’m afraid.
I love mine soo much, well comfy now!

Quick Reply

Latest