The Student Room Group

Don't know what I want to do in university.

So I am in my first year of doing A levels, and I am currently studying maths, chemistry, biology and geography. But I will probably be dropping maths soon as it is the subject I least enjoy and my current work load is unmanageable.

However, my school and parents at the moment are putting a pressure on working out what I want to study at university. I'm finding it hard to look into courses and can't seem to find ones that interest me. I love the sciences but I'm not sure that I really want to study them for 3/4 years in such depth for such a long period of time, and I can't see any career options after it that appeal to me.

So, I was wondering whether anyone has any advice or been in a similar situation. I know that I still have some time to figure this out but I at least want to know where to start to look for degrees or courses that would interest me.
Hello! Are you interested in going into healthcare at all? It looks like your A Levels would suit that kind of route! :smile: x
Original post by PatriciaBride
Hello! Are you interested in going into healthcare at all? It looks like your A Levels would suit that kind of route! :smile: x

I've considered medicine, but after researching into it, it isn't something that appeals to me.
Reply 3
It's fair to have not made up your mind at this stage. Took me until July. This time last year I was totally set on aerospace engineering and now I'm holding offers for physics :tongue:
I get that studying one subject for 3-4 years can seem quite daunting, but science courses seem to still be very broad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending