Being Offensive Over How Someone Dresses..

Watch
Katie.j
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So, this is going to be extremely random but it’s genuinly bugging me. Today someone said I dressed up like a prostitute... bearing in mind I’m only 14 and got called that. In my opinion my outfit wasn’t bad at all I had a black denim skirt with a grey kind of tank top (it had thin straps) but since it was cold I had a jacket on and tights.. meaning I was well covered yet still capable of giving someone the idea that I was dressing like one? I can never tell if they’re being serious and my outfit is absolute **** or if it’s because they’re jealous and are trying to hurt me by saying rude/offensive things. Do you think wearing that type of outfit is kind of what a prostitute would wear..? 🤔
(I have no idea where to post this 😤😂)
edit : there’s a thread somewhere for fashion and beauty I should’ve posted it there but it wasn’t an option 🤷🏻*♀️
Last edited by Katie.j; 1 year ago
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Katie.j)
So, this is going to be extremely random but it’s genuinly bugging me. Today someone said I dressed up like a prostitute... bearing in mind I’m only 14 and got called that. In my opinion my outfit wasn’t bad at all I had a black denim skirt with a grey kind of tank top (it had thin straps) but since it was cold I had a jacket on and tights.. meaning I was well covered yet still capable of giving someone the idea that I was dressing like one? I can never tell if they’re being serious and my outfit is absolute **** or if it’s because they’re jealous and are trying to hurt me by saying rude/offensive things. Do you think wearing that type of outfit is kind of what a prostitute would wear..? 🤔
Ignore those pillocks.

Dress however you want, this isn't Saudi Arabia. If someone makes remarks like that in the future just ignore them.
Edcrown
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Katie.j)
edit : there’s a thread somewhere for fashion and beauty I should’ve posted it there but it wasn’t an option 🤷🏻*♀️
Who was that someone? Maybe he or she was not being offensive and was just trying to warn you?
manyqs
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ignore that person!! I'm imagining what you wore n I think that fit's pretty cute. Doesn't even sound "prostitute"y compared to people in my school. Were they like a close friend of yours? Bc I wore a basic hi waist skinny denim w a tight top with like straps n my friend said I looked like a stripper n I'm forever offended. I never wore that top ever again lol. That was last yr when I was 14 :|

anyways dont be like me, wear whatever you want.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (92)
13.96%
I'm not sure (31)
4.7%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (212)
32.17%
I have already dropped out (14)
2.12%
I'm not a current university student (310)
47.04%

Watched Threads