anaarnae
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, my name is Ana! I'm a 2nd year Law student in Spain.

Last year I didn't do great, but I managed to get pretty good grades by the end of the year (9, 5.5, 6, 7.5, 8, 7.1, 8.3 and 8.2, which aren't all that bad, mind the two below 7).

However, I went through a lot of stress and anxiety because I prepared each exam in about 3 days (pulled seven all-nighters that month... ), and I know I could've done so much better.
I promised myself the same wouldn't happen this year, but the truth is it did happen: I didn't have a study plan and I wasn't working enough, so I did pretty badly in my partial exams this month - I passed 4/5 subjects and also studied each in just three days (not too proud ).

But a new opportunity comes with this new semester, and I will take it.
I already organized a study group with another 3 friends which I am really excited about and I am documenting on how to make an efficient study planner and concentrate better (which is one of my main issues, apart from organizing my schedule).

My subjects this semester are:
  • Civil Law (I got a 74.25% on the partial test)
  • Administrative Law (I got a 50% on the partial test)
  • Constitutional Law (Still waiting for the partial's result)
  • Public International Law (65% on the partial test)
  • Criminal Law (40% on the partial test)
  • Procedural Law (Starting this semester)
  • Community Law (Also one semester-long)

Right now, I'm in the winter break, so I don't have to attend any lectures, but I have to go back to uni on February 4th and from then on I'll be having lectures from 9 am to 2 pm, Monday to Thursday.

I'm using this time to work on my daily routine and improve my sleeping habits, which are pretty deficient.
Here in Spain, people usually go to bed between 11 pm and 1 am, and I never go earlier than 2 am, so I usually sleep between 5 and 6 hours during the week (not good).

My goals for this week are:
  • sleeping well: going to bed and waking up progressively earlier (by the end of the week I should go to bed at 11 pm and wake up at 7 am). (B)
  • tidying and cleaning up my room and desk. (A)
  • elaborating a study plan for the semester. (A)
  • reading and writing down questions about the units my professors will start talking about next week. (B)
  • studying unit 11 of Public International Law. (B)
  • going to the Administrative Law exam's revision on Tuesday (see if I can negotiate a 50% on the test). (C)
  • attending an intensive course about the labor market on Wednesday and Thursday and taking useful notes. (D)

The letters A, B, C, and D represent the priority of each task, being A important and urgent; B, important but not urgent; C, urgent but not important; and D, unimportant and not urgent.

Let's see how good I can do this week!!
I've set easy goals because I've just started with this and I don't want to lose motivation too soon.

Wish me luck!!
Last edited by anaarnae; 2 years ago
emilynxlan
Badges: 18
Report 2 years ago
Best of luck! :rave:
anaarnae
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by emilynxlan)
Best of luck! :rave:
Thanks a lot! I'm doing well by now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (84)
38.89%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (23)
10.65%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
6.94%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (51)
23.61%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
12.5%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.41%

Watched Threads