The Student Room Group

Is it likely I will get into Durham?

Hi, I have applied to study philosophy at Durham which is my absolute favourite place. I don't think GCSE's are much of a factor for them but just in case I got: A*,A*,A,A,A,B,B,9,8. For my A-levels I am doing Business, Drama and a Philosophy and Theology Pre-U. This is a qualification by Cambridge and is basically an A-level but a bit more prestigious. I am predicted an A in both Business and Drama and am predicted a M1 in my Pre-U. This is equivalent to an A/B, however Durham ask for all A's. When I spoke to Durham they said they considered an A equivalent as a D3 (the grade higher than I am predicted) yet other universities have said otherwise. I have a great personal statement and reference showing a lot of curricular activities such as leadership roles ad a lot of volunteering, yet I am not sure this is enough to get in. Do you think it will?
Original post by KataB2001
Hi, I have applied to study philosophy at Durham which is my absolute favourite place. I don't think GCSE's are much of a factor for them but just in case I got: A*,A*,A,A,A,B,B,9,8. For my A-levels I am doing Business, Drama and a Philosophy and Theology Pre-U. This is a qualification by Cambridge and is basically an A-level but a bit more prestigious. I am predicted an A in both Business and Drama and am predicted a M1 in my Pre-U. This is equivalent to an A/B, however Durham ask for all A's. When I spoke to Durham they said they considered an A equivalent as a D3 (the grade higher than I am predicted) yet other universities have said otherwise. I have a great personal statement and reference showing a lot of curricular activities such as leadership roles ad a lot of volunteering, yet I am not sure this is enough to get in. Do you think it will?

Hi. Perhaps you could ask this question in the Durham applicants' thread?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5456612&p=81656662&page=80#post81656662

Quick Reply

Latest