Nike gets into trouble for "blasphemous" sneaker Watch

Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by generallee)
That would seem a plausible assumption.

It always makes me smile how so many Cambridge guys have this chip on their shoulders about Oxford. Sure this is just a joke, but you so often see it.

In lots of ways Cambridge is the better university, a lot of the colleges are more beautifu architecturally and certainly for lots of subjects it is demonstrably superior. So why the need to diss Oxford? Is it because Oxford is older or something?? Because it is Oxbridge, not Camford?

You don't find the same need to put Cambridge down from people at Oxford in my experience. They don't care. Maybe that in itself is infuriating?
Indeed, you see this much more from Cambridge students than you do from Oxonians. Meh, I personally think Oxford is much more beautiful with older, more medieval colleges, nicer and more exciting city. I don't really see the deal regarding subjects though, in every practical way there's not much difference at all, it's not like Cambridge students receive a higher quality education than those at Oxford...
Last edited by Plantagenet Crown; 3 weeks ago
generallee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Indeed, you see this much more from Cambridge students than you do from Oxonians. Meh, I personally think Oxford is much more beautiful with older, more medieval colleges, nicer and more exciting city. I don't really see the deal regarding subjects though, in every practical way there's not much difference at all, it's not like Cambridge students receive a higher quality education than those at Oxford...
I went to Oxford myself, and don't get me wrong, it is the most beautiful city. I think Kings College is the most spectacular college in either place though, absolutely stunning, although granted they aren't all like that.

This is off topic for the thread though. My thread!!
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by generallee)
I went to Oxford myself, and don't get me wrong, it is the most beautiful city. I think Kings College is the most spectacular college in either place though, absolutely stunning, although granted they aren't all like that.

This is off topic for the thread though. My thread!!
Last post on this I promise!!:

Yeah, lots of people seem to love the huge, super majestic colleges like King's, Christ Church etc, and while I like them loads, I actually tend to find smaller colleges more beautiful in a charming, cottage-like way. My favourite college of all is Brasenose, especially its Old Quad. What I would have give to have studied there :daydreaming:
Libtardian
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nike is racist?
Occitanie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Blithering idiots.
Axiomasher
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Decahedron)
:rofl:

You couldn't make that up.
RT stories? Well, they could be made up, if that's what the Kremlin wants.
Joleee
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 18
Report 3 weeks ago
companies like Nike manufacture controversy. £10 says they knew what it looked like and leaked the story themselves. there's too many checks/too much bureaucracy before a design gets approved and they spend a million on manufacturing. not like they get someone's auntie who knows nothing about art/design to whip something up.
Rainfall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
the islamaphobia on this thread is crazy lol
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Wōden
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's complete nonsense of course and anybody with half a brain can see this. But I guarantee Nike will still capitulate, apologise, recall and redesign their stock. I gaurantee it, nobody ever gets away with upsetting the precious Muslims.
Wōden
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Rainfall)
No smoke without fire....
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Axiomasher)
There is no truth at all in the scurrilous suggestion that RT publishes made-up stories on behalf of the Russian state to foster division and dissension among its western enemies, er friends. None at all. No, no, no.

You'll be trying to tell us next that the Moscow Religious Buildings Society didn't send a delegation to inspect Salisbury Cathedral in March 2018.
generallee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Axiomasher)
It is not made up, you can find it on a ton of news sources on the web.

If RT covers it and the Guardian and the BBC are playing catch up, doesn't that say more about the latter than the former? Kremlin or no Kremlin?

The non or late coverage of stories like this, which get out anyway, (despite their best efforts) is becoming embarrassing for the mainstream liberal media

It both highlights their editorial omissions, and demonstrates their impotence in controlling the news agenda.
randomstudent55
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Obviously Islamaphobia
generallee
Rep:
?
Yeah, clearly "Islamophobia."

It isn't bat$hit crazy to sign a petition protesting against some English text which looks a little like an Arabic word if you turn it upside down, or anything.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
There is no Islamophobia on this thread. Nobody has criticised Islam; nobody has abused Moslems.
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think to be mildly irritated by something isn't the same as being afraid of it. There's plenty to be afraid of though.
Occitanie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Joleee)
companies like Nike manufacture controversy. £10 says they knew what it looked like and leaked the story themselves. there's too many checks/too much bureaucracy before a design gets approved and they spend a million on manufacturing. not like they get someone's auntie who knows nothing about art/design to whip something up.
You might as well hand over the tenner now.
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
oh gosh
Dandaman1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I walk around with Qur'ans strapped to my feet so I really don't see what the big deal is here...
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jebedee)
I think to be mildly irritated by something isn't the same as being afraid of it. There's plenty to be afraid of though.
Agree with your first point.
But have to disagree with your second- be aware of the truth but never ever be afraid.
Causing fear is what most bullies, criminals and fanatics hope to achieve.
I say this as someone who grew up surrounded by all sorts of fanatics, knew plenty of criminals throughout my childhood and had my teenage years made miserable by the school bullies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (42)
12.03%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
11.17%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (10)
2.87%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.58%
No (249)
71.35%

Watched Threads