The Student Room Group

MPhil Environmental Policy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Any updates?
Reply 21
Nope, but I need to respond to another offer in 10 days. Do you think they'll respond by then?
Reply 22
I am not sure..
Reply 23
Still nothing I assume? I need to respond to my other offers by Friday, so I really hope we hear this week...
Reply 24
News anyone?
Has anyone called the department lately? I've called several times but always get told that they're really overwhelmed with applications and will respond by the end of the month.
Just found out I got rejected. As much as it hurts, it's nice to at least finally know.
Reply 27
Sorry to hear! Good luck for other applications!
Reply 28
Original post by Environment1122
Just found out I got rejected. As much as it hurts, it's nice to at least finally know.

Sorry to hear that :frown: Did you receive an email or did you just see the status change on the portal?

Has anyone called the department lately? I've called several times but always get told that they're really overwhelmed with applications and will respond by the end of the month.

I called yesterday and was told that they're working as fast as possible, but it seems like we might not hear until after April. The woman on the phone said we'd hopefully hear within the next 2 weeks.
Reply 29
Hi friends! I just looked on the portal and I'm awaiting GAO approval? What does this mean??
Reply 30
Original post by muralra
Hi friends! I just looked on the portal and I'm awaiting GAO approval? What does this mean??

That's great news! If you reach GAO there's normally a 99% chance that you'll receive an offer. At least that's the experience that people typically have had on this forum.
Reply 31
Congrats! That's really good news :smile:

Would you mind telling us a bit about your profile? i.e. where you studied, extra-curricular activities.
Original post by muralra
Reply 32
Found out today I got rejected after unexpectedly checking the portal, but am also incredibly happy with my second choice so it's not a problem :h: Good luck to everyone else applying who has yet to hear back!
Reply 33
I reached GAO yesterday as well! After getting rejected at a similar program at Oxford I wasn't super hopeful, so I'm a bit surprised but also super excited!!! I've had a few PMs about my background, so here's some info.

I'm a Canadian student just finishing a BSc in Geographic Information Science. I attend one of Canada's better universities. Not top 5, but top 10 or 15. I have somewhere between a 3.7 and 3.9 GPA (we do it differently in Canada, so the GPA calculations are kind of tricky). My first year marks were not great as I was studying a subject that didn't really interest me, but once I switched to Geography in second year they've been much better. Our marks are all percentage based as opposed to GPA or A-F grades and I've averaged between an 85 and 88 over the past three years. I've also completed an undergraduate thesis related to energy policy and pipeline justice using a pipeline here in Canada as a case study. I've been pretty involved in my department at school and served as the President of the undergraduate society this past year.

Good luck to everyone that's still waiting to hear!!!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 34
Thank you so much!! :smile: And sure! I'm a US student that graduated in December from a big-ten school with a degree in International Relations. Our school doesn't really have a class ranking system, but I achieved fairly high marks and graduated with Latin Honors. I did a few internships in environment-related fields (sustainability, environmental law, etc.) and completed a few research programs at my school (most of which were on subjects that were not related to the environment).

Also - I received my conditional offer today!
Original post by liyee2
Congrats! That's really good news :smile:

Would you mind telling us a bit about your profile? i.e. where you studied, extra-curricular activities.
Reply 35
Hey, I am sorry to hear that :frown: I too was rejected - but hey ho, always next year!

I hope you don't mind me asking what your profile is? I.e. what Uni you went to, your course etc? :smile:
Reply 36
Congrats, I hope you enjoy the course :smile:
Original post by muralra
Thank you so much!! :smile: And sure! I'm a US student that graduated in December from a big-ten school with a degree in International Relations. Our school doesn't really have a class ranking system, but I achieved fairly high marks and graduated with Latin Honors. I did a few internships in environment-related fields (sustainability, environmental law, etc.) and completed a few research programs at my school (most of which were on subjects that were not related to the environment).

Also - I received my conditional offer today!
Reply 37
Hi! Just wondering as a prospective applicant for this course in 2021/22, around which months did people start to receive their offers? Did anyone hear back before the March deadline?
Reply 38
Original post by Lab1000
Hi! Just wondering as a prospective applicant for this course in 2021/22, around which months did people start to receive their offers? Did anyone hear back before the March deadline?

I was a student in 2019/20 and didn't hear until late April/May (I applied on the day of the March deadline). I didn't hear of any applicants (at least on various threads on here) who got offers before the March deadline, though I never asked anyone on the course. I don't know how the pandemic has affected admissions processes for this year's cohort, but it seems unlikely that they would be quicker!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Lab1000

do you have any news yet? I just got moved to GAO today!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending