The Student Room Group

university help please

Hi
I was wondering when a uni rejects you how to do you appeal, what do you do for example do you email? also is there's a time period when you have to make your appeal by.

Thanks you.
Original post by leobarry
Hi
I was wondering when a uni rejects you how to do you appeal, what do you do for example do you email? also is there's a time period when you have to make your appeal by.

Thanks you.

Ybless they have made an actual mistake then you dont. On what basis do you wnat to appeal?
Hi

Thanks you.

Paraphrasing myself from another thread:

You cannot appeal an admissions decision unless the university made an error in some way when processing your application.

Ask for feedback. They’ll likely explain that it was your academic quals or personal statement, in which case there’s nothing you can do. You won’t be getting in as part of the main admissions cycle.

You need to go to the UCAS website and read up on Extra, Adjustment and Clearing to see your other options.
Hi

Thanks you.

You don't make an appeal, you just send them an email asking why you were rejected (if it doesn't give a reason on UCAS). The most usuall reason is that you didn't meet their minimum entry requirements in some way, or it could have simply been that they had better applicants than you for that course. But it doesn't hurt to ask, if you don't understand why you didn't get an offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending