How much should i revise from now to improve my grades in my mocks?

Watch this thread
Will_W
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm not sure how much i should be revising to aim for my personal target grades. In my mocks i did 3+ hours of revision on the weekend before and did 2-3 hours every day during my mock week and i got:
Maths:9 (already achieved last year)
Further Maths: A^
additional maths: A
Chemistry: 8
Biology: 7
Physics: 7
Eng lang: 7
Eng lit : 6
Spanish: 6
DT: 6
RS:5
Computer science:7 (close to an 8)

I hope to get:
Further Maths: A^
Add Maths: A
Chemistry:9
Biology:8
Physics:9
Eng lang: 8
Eng lit:8
Spanish: 8/7
DT:6
RS:7/6
Computer Science: 8/9

Considering the exams will start in 4 months, about how much revision per day do you think I should do to turn my grades around? I plan to revise mainly doing past papers and creating flashcards on questions I get wrong. Without a length of time I should be revising for, it is hard for me to motivate myself for an end goal every day. Thanks.
matrix7200
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
There is NO such thing as motivation. I got good mock grades and an 9 in R.E Last year. Some days you don't want to work but you need to be self disciplined and work hard. Everyday, I have the urge to take the easy route and not work hard but I still study hard and work hard & never give up. In terms of revision I never count my hours I revise until I get tired and can't take anything in so rougly, I do like 7.5 everyday

Easy options = hard life, hard options = easy life
Will_W
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by matrix7200)
There is NO such thing as motivation. I got good mock grades and an 9 in R.E Last year. Some days you don't want to work but you need to be self disciplined and work hard. Everyday, I have the urge to take the easy route and not work hard but I still study hard and work hard & never give up. In terms of revision I never count my hours I revise until I get tired and can't take anything in so rougly, I do like 7.5 everyday

Easy options = hard life, hard options = easy life
Damn. Have you done your gcses? How did you do?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How was the OCR A-level Geography Paper 1 exam for you?

Great! (9)
14.29%
Quite well (29)
46.03%
Not so good (16)
25.4%
Terrible! (9)
14.29%

Watched Threads