username4457522
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
what's the best way to revise for gcse history (edexcel)? i find history really difficult but everyone around me always tells me how easy it is...
are past papers the best way to approach it?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zoinks)
what's the best way to revise for gcse history (edexcel)? i find history really difficult but everyone around me always tells me how easy it is...
are past papers the best way to approach it?
Understand the core material/ events , make a good set of notes and then for revision use timelines and mind maps. If stuck by a revision guide.

the other phase is then learning how to apply your knowledge and that means exam papers and essay plans. They ask a question and you practice giving an answer. At this phase you understand which issues they are interested in and how to devise an answer which gives them what they want + use your current knowledge to supply evidence + add your own opinion.

Practice and then get your essays/ plans marked. ID where you missed points and whether your argument was comrpeensive or focused on the things they wanted. If soemone asks a question then there are normally several ways to answer as long as they answer the question and you have constructed a reasonable argument covering the issues, probided evidence and reached a rational conclusion. Just practice essay plans in 20 mins to get used to answering and you will improve. Check the bits you forgot about and when you get s similar question you can include them to improve your answer.

Understanding and answering the question they ask is jey as if you dont understand the question then you cna never give them what they want.

If you dont understand a topic or even then use youtuvbe as there are many entertaining videos and they might give you the insight you need.
username4457522
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Understand the core material/ events , make a good set of notes and then for revision use timelines and mind maps. If stuck by a revision guide.

the other phase is then learning how to apply your knowledge and that means exam papers and essay plans. They ask a question and you practice giving an answer. At this phase you understand which issues they are interested in and how to devise an answer which gives them what they want + use your current knowledge to supply evidence + add your own opinion.

Practice and then get your essays/ plans marked. ID where you missed points and whether your argument was comrpeensive or focused on the things they wanted. If soemone asks a question then there are normally several ways to answer as long as they answer the question and you have constructed a reasonable argument covering the issues, probided evidence and reached a rational conclusion. Just practice essay plans in 20 mins to get used to answering and you will improve. Check the bits you forgot about and when you get s similar question you can include them to improve your answer.

Understanding and answering the question they ask is jey as if you dont understand the question then you cna never give them what they want.

If you dont understand a topic or even then use youtuvbe as there are many entertaining videos and they might give you the insight you need.
thank you so much!!! helps a lot, i really appreciate you putting in the time to tell me this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (132)
14.78%
I'm not sure (40)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (268)
30.01%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.46%
I'm not a current university student (431)
48.26%

Watched Threads