esrever
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am seeing their ads everywhere but I'm not sure if it's actually worthwhile to purchase. Do you think it's useful? Are there any alternatives?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by esrever)
I am seeing their ads everywhere but I'm not sure if it's actually worthwhile to purchase. Do you think it's useful? Are there any alternatives?
Most web browsers have spell checks built in these days so depends how much you struggle with your grammar whether it'd be worth it or not.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
There is a free version of Grammarly available. As regards other spellchecks available built-in or as add-ons, Grammarly actually looks at grammar as well as your spelling. It has an advantage.
Maven Writers
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
There are plenty of added features in grammarly's premium version that are not available in the free version. I doubt there are many other equally as effective alternatives online. In the end though, it depends on why you need to use grammarly. Is it just to spell-check and correct other grammatical errors, or is there another reason?
username4454836
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Better off just learning grammar rather than relying on a piece of technology to do it for you.
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I use grammarly. It works well. It can suggest things where I don't agree. I don't see it as a necessary addon. I wouldn't pay for it.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Decahedron)
Better off just learning grammar rather than relying on a piece of technology to do it for you.
If you're in a rush, and don't have the time to parse text for grammatical mistakes?
username4454836
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
If you're in a rush, and don't have the time to parse text for grammatical mistakes?
It comes as second nature if you learn it.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Decahedron)
It comes as second nature if you learn it.
I like grammar big time; I still make mistakes when not paying attention or when I don't have the time to proofread.
Alice Clayton
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Grammarly was really worth to have. I can say this 'coz it really helps me when it comes to writing a proposal letter to my clients. I'm using grammarly premium and I can say that this is the best grammar checker that everyone should have.
Alice Clayton
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Grammarly was really worth to have. I can say this 'coz it really helps me when it comes to writing a proposal letter to my clients. I'm using grammarly premium and I can say that this is the best grammar checker that everyone should have.
Josh.Taylor
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've had Grammarly for a while now and it's brilliant. In fact, it has actually improved my grammar without it, as I have learnt from the AI correcting my mistakes. I would definitely recommend the premium as it does exactly that and more... (Corrects your tone when writing e.g. If you're writing an essay it will turn a slang or lazy tone of writing to neutral and poignant) 100% recommend it‼
Josh.Taylor
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've had Grammarly for a while now and it's brilliant. In fact, it has actually improved my grammar without it, as I have learnt from the AI correcting my mistakes. I would definitely recommend the premium as it does exactly that and more... (Corrects your tone when writing e.g. If you're writing an essay it will turn a slang or lazy tone of writing to neutral and poignant) 100% recommend it‼
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (41)
7.78%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (308)
58.44%
No (178)
33.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise