French GCSE (AQA) xxxx Watch

bethanyjagger64
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I am currently working at around a grade 8 in my writing and speaking for French however my reading is only a grade 6 along with my listening . How should I revise for my weaker two areas and does anyone know any tips on pushing to a 9 in my writing and listening
Avishar_D
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Well I don't do French, but I do German so the revision techniques are basically the same. The thing I found helpful when pushing my grade up in writing tests were to read several articles in the language I was studying in order to improve my vocab as well as being able to use more complex structures correctly.

A great way to improve in listening is to practice talking to a native of that language (this may not be possible, but if it is you should 100% try it). If not possible, then you can try several learning resources that aid with listening such as Duolingo or ActiveLearn. However, never try to improve your French listening skills by watching videos with french subtitles (Trust me it never works, you'd be wasting your time).
lcrabt21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by bethanyjagger64)
I am currently working at around a grade 8 in my writing and speaking for French however my reading is only a grade 6 along with my listening . How should I revise for my weaker two areas and does anyone know any tips on pushing to a 9 in my writing and listening
I'm the opposite to you! My reading and my listening are my strongest! I absolutely suck at writing, although i'm not to bad at speaking. My biggest tip is get the practice exam papers off of the AQA website, do it at home in exam conditions and the mark it. If there are any words you don't know, or get wrong, highlight them and learn them (I use quizlet). It takes a bit of time but it really helps! <3
anonymous1231231
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
What do you struggle with? Timing? Vocab? Not getting the exact answer the mark scheme wants?
Kim~Shawn Mendes
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by bethanyjagger64)
I did french for Gcse and the tips that our teacher gave us was to:
Learn grammar and verbs for the reading and when you get into the exam try to translate the keywords u know when you go through as it will be easier to understand. Also try reading some french each day.
For listening, again i would learn the key grammar for each of the themes that you are studying. Try and listen to some french tv programmes with subtitles
Last edited by Kim~Shawn Mendes; 5 months ago
Tolgarda
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Is the 'xxxx' even necessary? I'm just curious as to why people like to put that there.
Kim~Shawn Mendes
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Tolgarda)
Is the 'xxxx' even necessary? I'm just curious as to why people like to put that there.
they are being polite
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by KimNoel)
they are being polite
So this is now considered to be polite? For me, it seems cringeworthy and unnecessary. They could have just asked for help with a 'please' on the end.
Kim~Shawn Mendes
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
So this is now considered to be polite? For me, it seems cringeworthy and unnecessary. They could have just asked for help with a 'please' on the end.
its their desicision
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by KimNoel)
its their desicision
True, but that doesn't always mean it is a good or right decision.
Kim~Shawn Mendes
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
True, but that doesn't always mean it is a good or right decision.
yeah
bethanyjagger64
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by anonymous1231231)
What do you struggle with? Timing? Vocab? Not getting the exact answer the mark scheme wants?
i reallt struggle with understanding what they are saying in the listening due to the speed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (156)
17.69%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.62%
No I am happy with my course choice (523)
59.3%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.4%

Watched Threads