The Student Room Group

Pregnancy

How exactly does the ellaOne pill work? My ovulation isnt supposed to happrn until next week but its hard to tell. Will it protect me?
Original post by Anonymous
How exactly does the ellaOne pill work? My ovulation isnt supposed to happrn until next week but its hard to tell. Will it protect me?

have a read of the leaflet that came with it, no emergency contraception is 100% effective but it'll explain how effective it could be in your situation.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
have a read of the leaflet that came with it, no emergency contraception is 100% effective but it'll explain how effective it could be in your situation.

It doesnt say anything about its effect depending on what time you take it during your cycle. :frown:
It doesnt say anything about its effect depending on what time you take it during your cycle. :frown:

give a pharmacy a call, they might be able to help

It delays ovulation. If you are not due to ovulate until next week it should be fine (TBH you were very unlikley to get pregnant anyway at that point in your cycle). If you have unprotected sex, ovulate and then take the drug it would have no effect.

The safest thing would be to take a pregnancy test if you next period is late. Try not to stress as that can delay the period.

Quick Reply

Latest