2019 Still haven't heard from any universities Watch

sandra24600
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Is there anyone else who is still waiting for an offer (or rejection lmao) from their chosen unis?

In that case, where did yall apply to and when? And are you doing A-levels or something else?

I'm currently doing the IB and my predicted score is 40/45. I applied to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow and King's College London for international relations (but some of the courses were joint with either history or law). I'm also an EU applicant from Finland, so there's that.

I know there's nothing to worry about and that unis have until May to respond, but it's still annoying when all your friends hear from their courses and you're still staring at that "There have been no recent updates to your application" thing on Track.
anetteines
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I still have no news from any of the universities either. I applied to Imperial, KCL, Edinburgh, Dundee and St Andrews for biomedical sciences.

I’m also doing the IB, predicted score is 42/45. On the downside, my referee added my predicted grades but UCAS did not receive them :/ I guess that’s the reason the unis will take more time to go through my application as I had to contact them to arrange a direct send. Also an EU student from Estonia.

The waiting is a very anxious process I agree especially if others around are getting offers (or rejections) I am just constantly refreshing my email
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
sandra24600
Rep:
?
Yeah... Btw, what subjects are you doing in IB? Are you anxious about finals already? I'm a bit of a pessimist so I'm worried I won't get the grades that my teachers have predicted me and that I'll end up with like 30 and won't get into any of the unis I applied to haha.

My subjects are:
HL history, Swedish lit, English lang/lit
SL math, biology and economics
anetteines
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I have HL chemistry, biology and French B, SL maths, English A and ITGS

On one hand I am very nervous and dreading the upcoming exams, but on the other hand, I am also waiting for them so that the IB would finally be over and I would be at peace - I really just want to experience the feeling that I don't have anything to do. And about the final score, I kind of know I won't get my predicted score (it would be really cool tho) but I am worried about being disappointed in myself.

Are you applying to any other unis as well besides UK?
sandra24600
Rep:
?
(Original post by anetteines)
I have HL chemistry, biology and French B, SL maths, English A and ITGS

On one hand I am very nervous and dreading the upcoming exams, but on the other hand, I am also waiting for them so that the IB would finally be over and I would be at peace - I really just want to experience the feeling that I don't have anything to do. And about the final score, I kind of know I won't get my predicted score (it would be really cool tho) but I am worried about being disappointed in myself.

Are you applying to any other unis as well besides UK?
I feel you. IB has been very stressful and I've had more than one mental breakdown during these years haha. This wasn't exactly what I expected before I started.

I'm confident that I'll get into at least one uni in Scotland, so I haven't applied anywhere else. I'm sure I'll get at least 32, which is the lowest score required by the unis I applied to, so yeah. I might apply to Finland or Sweden later on but honestly I probably won't. What about you, any unis in Estonia that you're applying to? And are you originally Estonian?
anetteines
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sandra24600)
I feel you. IB has been very stressful and I've had more than one mental breakdown during these years haha. This wasn't exactly what I expected before I started.

I'm confident that I'll get into at least one uni in Scotland, so I haven't applied anywhere else. I'm sure I'll get at least 32, which is the lowest score required by the unis I applied to, so yeah. I might apply to Finland or Sweden later on but honestly I probably won't. What about you, any unis in Estonia that you're applying to? And are you originally Estonian?
I was so sure I was going to handle everything perfectly before the IB but then Year 2 struck and you know haha

Originally from Estonia yes and I'm probably not going to apply to any Estonian universities either as I would feel like the IB was a waste then. University of Tartu would be alright though but there are no undergrad courses I'd like to study so there's that. I'm going to apply to Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, there's a really good biomedicine course
LexiMia
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m also still waiting and haven’t gotten anything back yet i applied to 3 courses (biomed, medical science, biological science) in Edinburgh, 1 in Heriot Watt and 1 in Dundee. I’m an EU student from Germany but am currently doing biomedical science in another Scottish uni. I’m predicted AAA for a level and a 1st for first year uni. What do you think my chance are? I’ve literally been so nervous for the the past 2 weeks how’s your personal statement? I heard edinburgh uni has a really strong emphasis on it.
sandra24600
Rep:
?
(Original post by LexiMia)
I’m also still waiting and haven’t gotten anything back yet i applied to 3 courses (biomed, medical science, biological science) in Edinburgh, 1 in Heriot Watt and 1 in Dundee. I’m an EU student from Germany but am currently doing biomedical science in another Scottish uni. I’m predicted AAA for a level and a 1st for first year uni. What do you think my chance are? I’ve literally been so nervous for the the past 2 weeks how’s your personal statement? I heard edinburgh uni has a really strong emphasis on it.
Oh man, I have no clue what your chances are...😅 AAA for a levels is pretty good, right? I'm not exactly familiar with the system. But from what I've heard, Edinburgh cares about both the ps and the grades, and that they are usually pretty late with their offers! So I wouldn't worry too much about Edinburgh. Personally, I'm more anxious about the other unis that haven't reached out to me yet, because I know it takes time for Edinburgh.

And my personal statement.. Hmm.. I think it was good? It's difficult to say. I tried to follow all the "Don't do this" and "Do this" guidelines for the pspts h I could find on UCAS, but yeah. I just wish that I would get at least ONE offer, from any uni.

But yeah.. Idk. I think we should all just breathe, it's still just January and they do have until May, so... And if you get any offers I would love to know! Best of luck to you!
cna1806
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh man, I have no clue what your chances are...😅 AAA for a levels is pretty good, right? I'm not exactly familiar with the system. But from what I've heard, Edinburgh cares about both the ps and the grades, and that they are usually pretty late with their offers! So I wouldn't worry too much about Edinburgh. Personally, I'm more anxious about the other unis that haven't reached out to me yet, because I know it takes time for Edinburgh.

And my personal statement.. Hmm.. I think it was good? It's difficult to say. I tried to follow all the "Don't do this" and "Do this" guidelines for the pspts h I could find on UCAS, but yeah. I just wish that I would get at least ONE offer, from any uni.

But yeah.. Idk. I think we should all just breathe, it's still just January and they do have until May, so... And if you get any offers I would love to know! Best of luck to you!
Yeah, I applied for biomedical science and medical science at Edinburgh. My statement only referred to Medical Sciences as that is the course I'm wanting. My biomedical sciences application was denied which is quite weird because with my predicted grades I should exceed the entry requirements however my rejection message said I wasn't predicted to meet them. Anyways, I'm waiting for Medical Sciences to get back to me.
LexiMia
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cna1806)
Yeah, I applied for biomedical science and medical science at Edinburgh. My statement only referred to Medical Sciences as that is the course I'm wanting. My biomedical sciences application was denied which is quite weird because with my predicted grades I should exceed the entry requirements however my rejection message said I wasn't predicted to meet them. Anyways, I'm waiting for Medical Sciences to get back to me.
Oh thats really weird! May I ask what your predicted grades are? I am also mainly aiming for medical science Hopefully we'll become classmates!
cna1806
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LexiMia)
Oh thats really weird! May I ask what your predicted grades are? I am also mainly aiming for medical science Hopefully we'll become classmates!
Yeah it is. I'll check with my referee tomorrow about that. And I'm in S6 so my predicted grades are A in Higher Chemistry and B in Advanced Higher Maths and Biology. And yeah, hopefully we do become classmates!
LexiMia
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cna1806)
Yeah it is. I'll check with my referee tomorrow about that. And I'm in S6 so my predicted grades are A in Higher Chemistry and B in Advanced Higher Maths and Biology. And yeah, hopefully we do become classmates!
I actually think it might be an admission mistake? Cus I just double checked the entry requirement for medical science and Biomed and they are actually the same. So it wouldn't make sense that they consider your application for medical science and not biomed? maybe send the admission team an email? Best of luck!
Gwil
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I believe it takes Scottish universities a long time to process EU applications for some reason, so it's completely normal if you don't hear back for a few months.
Good luck!
Klotild
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My family member has 4 offers from top unis (one is Oxford) but has not heard from the 5th one. Some of them are really taking long, even if the application is a strong one.
anetteines
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Klotild)
My family member has 4 offers from top unis (one is Oxford) but has not heard from the 5th one. Some of them are really taking long, even if the application is a strong one.
Congratulations to them! What course did they apply to?
Klotild
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by anetteines)
Congratulations to them! What course did they apply to?
Thank you! I sent a pm.
HobbinsE
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I applied on 8/11/18 to Edinburgh and Exeter for Evolutionary Biology, Birmingham and Bristol for Palaeontology and Manchester for Earth and Planetary Sciences (Palaeobiology). Got offers from Birmingham and Manchester both for 30 credits at distinction and 15 at a merit. Still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh and Exeter, also Bristol but I have an interview with them on 3rd April.

Currently doing an access to he course in science so I was expecting it to take a bit longer but not quite this long😂 nearly 3 months since I applied.
Jumpingjack74
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I've had offers to do medical/biomedical sciences from Exeter, Newcastle, Leeds and Bristol, they all came in within a few weeks, but been waiting for Northumbria for 3 months now!
victoriabp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm still waiting too! I have applied to study primary education in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde and Stirling and I haven't heard back from any of them. This is so stressful, I check my emails every five minutes!

I'm 20 and in my first year of uni in the Netherlands. I have a European Baccalaureate with 85% (typical offer range for Edinburgh and Glasgow) so in theory it should be fine, but primary education is super competitive and I heard that some Scottish unis choose Scots over EU students. I also heard that students who are already enrolled in a uni have fewer chances of getting in because they prioritize first-time students. Hope that's not true!

I went through the application process alone, so I don't know if my personal statement is worth something or if it's complete crap, and I don't know if my reference is any good either! Sooo stressful.
Moogann
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Is there anyone else who is still waiting for an offer (or rejection lmao) from their chosen unis?

In that case, where did yall apply to and when? And are you doing A-levels or something else?

I'm currently doing the IB and my predicted score is 40/45. I applied to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow and King's College London for international relations (but some of the courses were joint with either history or law). I'm also an EU applicant from Finland, so there's that.

I know there's nothing to worry about and that unis have until May to respond, but it's still annoying when all your friends hear from their courses and you're still staring at that "There have been no recent updates to your application" thing on Track.
I haven't heard from two of my uni options at the moment and I applied way back in November, but stay positive! As long as you haven't heard of any rejections from them then there's nothing to worry about yet!

It can also depend what you are going to study. For me, I've chosen midwifery which is highly competitive and requires interviews so they often notoriously take longer in certain situations. You also are applying to many highly regarded unis which probably recieve many applications so don't worry too much, they just might not have got round to you yet.

If you've not had a rejection from them then don't worry. Not hearing from them doesn't necessarily mean they don't want you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (58)
62.37%
No (35)
37.63%

Watched Threads