2019 Still haven't heard from any universities Watch

scorpiorules
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I wouldnt be surprised if Scottish universities dont make offers until after 29th March. If Britain leaves the EU without a deal they will no longer be obliged to offer free education to EU students.
Josh_Jijo 19
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sandra24600)
Is there anyone else who is still waiting for an offer (or rejection lmao) from their chosen unis?

In that case, where did yall apply to and when? And are you doing A-levels or something else?

I'm currently doing the IB and my predicted score is 40/45. I applied to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow and King's College London for international relations (but some of the courses were joint with either history or law). I'm also an EU applicant from Finland, so there's that.

I know there's nothing to worry about and that unis have until May to respond, but it's still annoying when all your friends hear from their courses and you're still staring at that "There have been no recent updates to your application" thing on Track.
Hi, I am in year 13 ( A- Levels ),I applied to KCL, Loughborough, Warwick, Bath and Nottingham. I have received offers from Loughborough and Nottingham, but got regected from KCL. I applied at the start of January and am mainly waiting on Bath as I would like to go there. All in all, I do not think you have anything to worry about, it may be due to when you applied and the course you applied for. Some course are more popular than others, so naturally they take longer to get a reply from.

Hope this helps if not fingers crossed.
aselva4crisp9
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by sandra24600)
Is there anyone else who is still waiting for an offer (or rejection lmao) from their chosen unis?

In that case, where did yall apply to and when? And are you doing A-levels or something else?

I'm currently doing the IB and my predicted score is 40/45. I applied to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow and King's College London for international relations (but some of the courses were joint with either history or law). I'm also an EU applicant from Finland, so there's that.

I know there's nothing to worry about and that unis have until May to respond, but it's still annoying when all your friends hear from their courses and you're still staring at that "There have been no recent updates to your application" thing on Track
ive gotten an offer from kings college london, nottingham, imperial and leeds.
i applied in the middle of october
waiting to hear from oxford post interview
i do alevels and am predicted A*A*A
anetteines
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by aselva4crisp9)
ive gotten an offer from kings college london, nottingham, imperial and leeds.
i applied in the middle of october
waiting to hear from oxford post interview
i do alevels and am predicted A*A*A
Congrats! What course did you apply to?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
GI GI
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by scorpiorules)
I wouldnt be surprised if Scottish universities dont make offers until after 29th March. If Britain leaves the EU without a deal they will no longer be obliged to offer free education to EU students.
...but I believe they have already said the situation will remain 'as is' for students starting in 2019, for the duration of their Degree courses!
aselva4crisp9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by anetteines)
Congrats! What course did you apply to?
medicine
scorpiorules
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by GI GI)
...but I believe they have already said the situation will remain 'as is' for students starting in 2019, for the duration of their Degree courses!
"they" have said a lot of things over the last 2 years...
GI GI
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't think even 'they' would change the rules for 2019 entry! 2020, now that may well see some changes!
rachitad
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cna1806)
The chances are they'll probably get back to you, just maybe not as early as others who submitted their application pre-deadline.
Good luck with your application and let us know if you got anything!
Hey

I just got an email from King's, I was rejected because I applied after the deadline. I guess I'm a bit bummed but King's wasn't my top choice so not as much as I would have been had it been Warwick. Anyways, still waiting on the other unis.
Stumpy1001
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm still wating on on SOAS about my application to study Chinese. Applied back in October. Its been about 14 weeks. Their website says 5-8 weeks for a decision. I sent them an email round about the 9th week asking for an update, wondering if i should do the same again. Dont want to irritate them though.
tittietracy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Are you saying that Scotland's university are being bias against rest of UK etc

Don't think so
They ( most ) of everyone has been busy trying to get through the mountain of applications they received.
Airmed
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jacob_stre)
Well if a teacher likes you, they will most likely put you down as an A, some schools do the easy topics first e.g Astronomy in Physics opposed to electromagnetism (in adv higher physics). If they are going for medicine they will do the uk cat, meaning their grades in tests will go down, so in fairness all that, I think they take it with a pinch of salt, though I could be wrong.
They do look at predicted grades as that is what goes on your UCAS application. Please don't be spreading the incorrect information.
Last edited by Airmed; 2 weeks ago
Airmed
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Scottish unis do have a reputation for being quite slow with their response to applications. I would not really start blaming the political situation of the UK for a long waiting time.
tittietracy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I wouldn't say its anything political either in scotland, probably not better elsewhere.

If they slower than rest then obviously there's has to be reasons behind the slower response rates, sometimes its because certain university in scotland are a higher premium of intakes and must obviously sort out the applications due to the higher rates of people studying at the university.
ConfusedSwede
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi,

I am a Swedish applicant, and I applied just a couple of days before the deadline. Of all my five choices, only one of them has answered, and that was like yesterday. So you are definitely not alone in waiting. I, too, feel frustrated when no news is shown on UCAS Track. However, there is really nothing we can do but wait. I know how difficult it is, but just try to live without thinking about it that much, and the answers will be with you shortly. I promise.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (35)
12.5%
Yes - a food allergy (32)
11.43%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.21%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.21%
No (195)
69.64%

Watched Threads