How has Trump done at the half-way point in his presidency? Watch

Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Doesn’t matter what he does, he will always be criticised. I bet some would find a way to criticise him if he saved a disabled baby from a burning building.
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
What has been achieved?
They had a meeting and nothing has happened, but they both claimed respective victory.
Does N korea still have its nuclear weapons?
The problem is that the assessment of the Summit comes from very anti-Trump publications. The Summit has done stuff: ICBM assembly facility and a missile test site have been shut down. This is not the end of the issue and there is a second summit planned, but let's not pretend that nothing has been done (as The Times and NYT would have us believe).

We also have a summit with leaders of the Taliban coming up, which could see a ceasefire in Afghanistan. Who knows.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by zhog)
What has been achieved? Much more than what justified giving Obama a prize. Tell me, what do you think Obama achieved to get the Nobel?
What has been achieved?
Try and be honest.
To date nothing had been achieved in N Korea. They have made no concessions so far.
Why cant you just admit the truth instead of trying to change the subject and dodge the question?

You are the one that made the claim , but you cant back it up.
turquoise_badger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by zhog)
Of course not, the people you follow want the border to be as porous as possible and a wall is a bit of an obstacle to that desire. To call someone willng to deter illegal immigration as possible 'vain' is an euphemism expressing how much bother that represents to them. They want to see thousands of people trekking the land, keeping gangs ticking nicely and generally just implementing the Open Borders dream. You want that too, don't you?
I think what he's trying to say is that Trump's wall has taken on a symbolic value that has no relation to its practicality. I haven't seen a convincing argument that the wall will work in the way Trump intends.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
The problem is that the assessment of the Summit comes from very anti-Trump publications. The Summit has done stuff: ICBM assembly facility and a missile test site have been shut down. This is not the end of the issue and there is a second summit planned, but let's not pretend that nothing has been done (as The Times and NYT would have us believe).

We also have a summit with leaders of the Taliban coming up, which could see a ceasefire in Afghanistan. Who knows.
Which its reported was end of life because and they als had an accident, which meant it had to be demolished.
The question is what has been achieved at the half way point and then N Korea is shown as the shining example, except I dont see he has given anything up yet? All I saw was what tuns out to be a photo opportunity for both of them to go back to their own supporters making claims, but nothing happened.

At this stage nothing has happened. Youd have though nukes would have been given up and N korea disarmed by now the way it was presented.

History will show us in 10,20,30 years I expect.

More inferested in his assessment of the ISIS threat and situations in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan. I get the feeling its too early to be claiming victory abd dismissing the threat level.
yankeedog1953
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Trumps opened up mpre jobs in under 2 years then obama did wiith 8 yrs and 800 bil. The dems are starting to look real bad. Trump only wants a wall for approx. 280 miles of the 2000 mile long border
.The dsy he publicly announced he was running i predicted hed win.
He will be reelected and will be known as one of our best Presidents.
If you listen to him talk for 5 min. you should see hes the kind of guy who gets it done and hes used to winning. A lot of people have changed there minds about him. His approvall rating keeps ticking up.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Just my opinion
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The Democrats and the left in the US only care about the wall because it will work.
If they thought for a minute that it wouldn't work they wouldn't be running around by the hairs on fire.
But let's be honest here, it's all about demographics and future numbers of democrat voters.
If it was hundreds of thousands of assumed
future Republican voters streaming across the border everybody on the left, the Democrats including Nancy and Chuckie would be down there now building it Brick by Brick with their own bare hands.
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by turquoise_badger)
I think what he's trying to say is that Trump's wall has taken on a symbolic value that has no relation to its practicality. I haven't seen a convincing argument that the wall will work in the way Trump intends.
Ever tried walking towards a wall, only to be stopped dead in your path unable to pass through the bricks?

There you go, tried and tested.
Palmyra
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by zhog)
the progress in the Korean peninsula
Funny you say that, a day after a US intelligence report concluded that North Korea is "unlikely" to give up its nuclear weapons and still sees its nuclear weapons as "critical" to its survival.

https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/docum...SFR---SSCI.pdf

Delusional. :cool:
ecolier
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
He's done very well...

Cnsidering that he hasn't been jailed or impeached yet.
Pinkisk
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
He's done a really good Job. He's kept all of his promises, which is a first for a politician.
Last edited by Pinkisk; 3 weeks ago
Pinkisk
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Just my opinion)
The Democrats and the left in the US only care about the wall because it will work.
If they thought for a minute that it wouldn't work they wouldn't be running around by the hairs on fire.
But let's be honest here, it's all about demographics and future numbers of democrat voters.
If it was hundreds of thousands of assumed
future Republican voters streaming across the border everybody on the left, the Democrats including Nancy and Chuckie would be down there now building it Brick by Brick with their own bare hands.
This is actually an interesting point. The liberal poltical parties in the US rely heavily on the minority vote. So it is only in their interest to keep any barriers to immigration from being enforced because immigrants eventually wind up voting liberal.
Last edited by Pinkisk; 3 weeks ago
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by yankeedog1953)
Trumps opened up mpre jobs in under 2 years then obama did wiith 8 yrs and 800 bil. The dems are starting to look real bad. Trump only wants a wall for approx. 280 miles of the 2000 mile long border
.The dsy he publicly announced he was running i predicted hed win.
He will be reelected and will be known as one of our best Presidents.
If you listen to him talk for 5 min. you should see hes the kind of guy who gets it done and hes used to winning. A lot of people have changed there minds about him. His approvall rating keeps ticking up.
Missing the fact Obama had to deal with the crash/ recession.
Anyone can boost an economy with tax cuts.
I think he will win his second term because his supporters like him and he stays on message, even if he is his own self publicist.
He keeps the message simple, whether its true or not.

His approval rating does not keep ticking up so thats a lie. Its been on a steady decline since election and for the last few months.
he started at 45.5 and hes now 39.6. Dissapprove was 41.3 and its now 55.9.
username4340906
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Fantastic. The best part of his term so far is how he got the Mexicans to pay for the wall.
username1738683
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What has been achieved?
Try and be honest.
To date nothing had been achieved in N Korea. They have made no concessions so far.
Why cant you just admit the truth instead of trying to change the subject and dodge the question?

You are the one that made the claim , but you cant back it up.
You make it all a question of what has Kim given up, we can look at it that way. He's given up his reluctance to engage in talks and come out of his hole, attested by his historic meeting with Trump. He's given up the idea of flying rockets in the peninsula airspace and beyond. He's given up his confrontational attitude towards the rest of the world, at least until further notice but in a much improved fashion. He's given up a lot of things, if we opt to put it that way.

Trump came in and turned the economic screw on them and the Chinese, everybody knew full well that without their backing Kim would be left hanging. He did that to an extent that Kim got stroppy and started threatening the region, Trump got in the act and matched in a way that no politician would have managed to. In the end, we ended up with a handshake and everyone in the region pleased at the outcome. Be honest, what were the odds of such thing happening at the moment Trump took over? Had Hillary won and we would still be waiting for it.

Nah, it's in things like these that Trumpophobes loose all credibility. Any impartial observer is capable of apportioning credit where due.
username1738683
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by turquoise_badger)
Look, do you know what the first man-made construction visible from space is? This 'walls don't work' line originates entirely from people engaged in an effort to prevent one from being built at all. It's a line from people interested in facilitating illegal immigration, it's not as if they don't work to some extent in terms of deterring it. Ask Israel.
Last edited by username1738683; 3 weeks ago
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by zhog)
You make it all a question of what has Kim given up, we can look at it that way. He's given up his reluctance to engage in talks and come out of his hole, attested by his historic meeting with Trump. He's given up the idea of flying rockets in the peninsula airspace and beyond. He's given up his confrontational attitude towards the rest of the world, at least until further notice but in a much improved fashion. He's given up a lot of things, if we opt to put it that way.

Trump came in and turned the economic screw on them and the Chinese, everybody knew full well that without their backing Kim would be left hanging. He did that to an extent that Kim got stroppy and started threatening the region, Trump got in the act and matched in a way that no politician would have managed to. In the end, we ended up with a handshake and everyone in the region pleased at the outcome. Be honest, what were the odds of such thing happening at the moment Trump took over? Had Hillary won and we would still be waiting for it.

Nah, it's in things like these that Trumpophobes loose all credibility. Any impartial observer is capable of apportioning credit where due.
Oh come on even you arent that naive and dim. Irs just words. He can start firing his rockets tomorrow if he wants.

The fact is you talk about all the achievements and Kim has given diddly squat expecy closed down a facility which was end of life anyway because hes moving to sold fuel rockets. he still has all his knowledge, his factories and his bombs.

Just for once in your life try being honest and truthful about the state of affairs. You are a fantasist and delusional.

When he has denuclearised completely and allows inspectors in then that will be an achievemen, who knows he might get there in his next term, but at the moment nothing of note has happened, they just had a meeting and it suited both to claim victory..
username1738683
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh come on even you arent that naive and dim. Irs just words.

Just for once in your life try being honest and truthful about the state of affairs. You are a fantasist and delusional.
Well, I was as honest as truthful about it as possible. Am I the only person you know who has ever expressed the view that he has achieved something?

ps, i've just noticed you ran away from explaining what made Obama get a gong, compared to Trump. Not nice.
username1738683
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Palmyra)
Funny you say that, a day after a US intelligence report concluded that North Korea is "unlikely" to give up its nuclear weapons and still sees its nuclear weapons as "critical" to its survival.

https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/docum...SFR---SSCI.pdf

Delusional. :cool:
Cor, you had to learn that from a report? Do you guys go out much?

This is incredible at times, because Kim hasn't put everything down two years into Trump's presidency nothing has happened. That is derangement syndrome.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by zhog)
Look, do you know what the first man-made construction visible from space is? This 'walls don't work' line originates entirely from people engaged in an effort to prevent one from being built at all. It's a line from people interested in facilitating illegal immigration, it's not as if they don't work to some extent in terms of deterring it. Ask Israel.
The Pyramids ar Giza, certainly not the wall.
It cannot be seen from the Moon

It was Robert Ripley, the American illustrator who made a fortune with his cartoon feature Believe It Or Not!, who called the Great Wall “The mightiest work of man – the only one that would be visible to the human eye from the Moon”. This statement was, of course, founded on no evidence at all, since it was made 30 years before anyone had been in space. Yet it became sanctioned by use. Even the eminent Sinologist Joseph Needham, author of Science and Civilisation in China, stated that “the Wall has been considered the only work of man which could be picked out by Martian astronomers”. Though discredited by astronauts, the Moon version is still widely quoted as a “fact”. The truth was established once and for all during the first Chinese space flight in 2003, when astronaut Yang Liwei said he couldn’t see anything of it from orbit.

It never stopped 
an invasion

The Wall was easily overrun or avoided by northern tribes. In 1449, the Mongols inflicted a defeat on the Ming south of the Wall, and it was only during a period of peace (1571–1644) that it was completed. However, it fell to the Manchus in 1644 when a local Ming general opened the far eastern gate, Shanhaiguan, to the invaders.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (36)
12.41%
Yes - a food allergy (33)
11.38%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (9)
3.1%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
3.1%
No (203)
70%

Watched Threads