The Student Room Group

Attendance

I'm applying universities this year.

Sometimes I just don't go to school because I'm a bit lazy person
or just go home, 'pretending' that I am sick.

So do universities check our attendance?
Although I don't miss school frequently, I'm just worried cuz it may affect my application
It depends on your university. Many Scottish universities have strict attendance monitoring and some other universities/courses will too. Other universities won’t monitor attendance at all or will not worry about occasional absence.

It’s not a good idea to get into the habit of skipping lectures/labs/seminars/tutorials. That’s what you’re paying for so it can turn into a very expensive lie in! Especially if you find yourself struggling with the work or dropping out. You will need to motivate yourself to attend - if that’s something that you will struggle with then try to come up with some strategies to help before you settle into a habit of missing lectures.
Oh and: universities will only know about poor attendance in sixth form if your reference mentions it. They can include poor attendance in your reference as long as it’s factual.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Oh and: universities will only know about poor attendance in sixth form if your reference mentions it. They can include poor attendance in your reference as long as it’s factual.

Oh okay
Didn't know that thank you !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending